Lounge Music
Feb 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

JimmyD

New Head-Fier
Alright guy so I just sifted through the buddha bar compilations, some ministry of sound comps, and a couple hed kandi compilations and I'm looking for more.

Can anyone recommend me some good sounding lounge music? Something with a beat or killer vocals that leave the ladies moist and wanting (jokes).

Anymore compilations would be cool, but albums by any artists would also be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Feb 3, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 27
I'm not always clear on what exactly counts as lounge but I would give Thievery Corporation-"Radio Retaliation" a try or if that's not quite right check out some of their other albums I guess. Something else to look into might be Hird - "Moving On".

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 27
James Pants: Welcome
Got a promo free with some shirts, I know that sounds lame, but it's relaxing music taken to the next level. I always fail in recommending 1 or 2 songs, just youtube your way through it
smily_headphones1.gif
(maybe start with Cosmic Rapp or Crystal Lite, I believe someone uploaded all the songs with the cover, easy to find from there)
Most by Portishead should do the trick too, very laid back music with the killer vocals you asked for.

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 27
Deadmau5 - I Remember
Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (Dana Bergquist And Peder G Remix)
G Thomas - Live Love
Phil Colins - In The Air Tonight (Stan Kolev Remix)

tongue.gif

I dunno if some of those are really that "loungey", all i have is a little bit of house vinyl. Live Love is pretty 'lax

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninkul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deadmau5 - I Remember

I don't know if that's loungy but that's an AMAZING track. Another Deadmau5 mix of kaskade to check out if "Move For Me"...deadmau5 + kaskade=
atsmile.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 27
The MTV Extreme compilation from 2001 is very good. 'Alpine Chills' on CD one and 'Glacial Beats' on CD two.

Defected, the house label has some pretty good compilations. Otherwise old school funk instrumentals and soundtracks are great for chilling. Even the Miles Davis classic 'Kind Of Blue' works for chilling out. I sometimes prefer classical music or Coldplay.

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #8 of 27
Try Zero 7, the first three albums are great and features guest singers and helped spark Sia's solo career. I don't recommend the latest album because to me it is the weakest in the catalog. My vote for the best is the second album, 'When It Falls' and while your at it check out Sia's solo efforts.

Feb 4, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninkul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deadmau5 - I Remember

Great track. I also like that "Move for Me" remix and the track "Strobe" from his latest album. I was literally in tears at the breakdown at 6:43 of that track.

Something I've been listening to recently is Royksopp's album "Melody AM". It's pretty chill if you like a more electronic approach to lounge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back