LOUIS VUITTON HEADPHONES
Apr 16, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #16 of 20
I think companies who go in that direction should deserve no support whatsoever. I really dislike consumerism to begin with, but high end brand items are the worst.
Well, M&D's MW07's nasty treble peak and bloated bass don't help any either. The luxury brand logo isn't helpin the sound response. Branding products is a stupid idea, but it seems there are people that eat them up. I hate displaying free advertising for companies by branding myself. I'm not a race-car that's getting paid for it. I always found brand logo fashion to be douchey. It doesn't do anything for me to see somebody showing off that they spent thousands on a name brand.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #17 of 20
Well, M&D's MW07's nasty treble peak and bloated bass don't help any either. The luxury brand logo isn't helpin the sound response. Branding products is a stupid idea, but it seems there are people that eat them up. I hate displaying free advertising for companies by branding myself. I'm not a race-car that's getting paid for it. I always found brand logo fashion to be douchey. It doesn't do anything for me to see somebody showing off that they spent thousands on a name brand.
Fully agree but I do business with a lot of folks from Asia and they LOVE to wear name brand stuff.

The culture over there is if you are not dressed well or drive a high end Benz people may not take you serious or do business with you.

I find this annoying but at the same time I can see where they are coming from. Regardless I hate the idea of it.

The only name brand items I feel OK with purchasing clothing wise are jackets. Because I do find higher end jackets to be lighter/warmer/designed better, but of course that is my own opinion.

Some jacket brands I respect are:
Moncler (lightest warmest)
Parajumpers (my fave)
Canada Goose (semi rugged, common)

But even with jackets some are really gimmicky so I always choose the bang for buck models.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #18 of 20
Fully agree but I do business with a lot of folks from Asia and they LOVE to wear name brand stuff.

The culture over there is if you are not dressed well or drive a high end Benz people may not take you serious or do business with you.

I find this annoying but at the same time I can see where they are coming from. Regardless I hate the idea of it.

The only name brand items I feel OK with purchasing clothing wise are jackets. Because I do find higher end jackets to be lighter/warmer/designed better, but of course that is my own opinion.

Some jacket brands I respect are:
Moncler (lightest warmest)
Parajumpers (my fave)
Canada Goose (semi rugged, common)

But even with jackets some are really gimmicky so I always choose the bang for buck models.
I do notice that much greater with people of Asian decent. I think majority of people that wear Canada Goose in climates that is not really necessary to wear are Asians. When you see the same things on a lot of people, the object commonly seen becomes generic, and that's how I feel about how played out Canada Goose among Asians is. Perhaps it's the subconscious collectivist mentality is why they wear the same things. No idea.

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #19 of 20
Yeah beats me. I'm american born asian, I throw all my money in audio gear/savings as much as I can.

I realize how crappy of a job I been saving for past 5 years. It is ridiculous.

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #20 of 20
Oh...these really are a thing. When I clicked on this thread I initially thought it would be a joke, like a 'Gucci' Glock. Guess that was a wrong assumption.

I suppose that no one should be surprised over this kind of product. After all, anything that's wearable is by default now part of one's wardrobe. The moneys of filthy rich people--real and wannabe--need to be mined and exploited just like anyone else's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back