Loudspeaker listeners with low power amps
Dec 12, 2014 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Musica Amantem

100+ Head-Fier
The single most impacting sound quality variable are the loudspeakers/headphones. As such, having alternative speaker/headphone sets may bring about different sound flavors and attribute profiles, which could re-visit all the room treatments, tube-rolling and DAC/source tweaks we have applied throughout our music listening experience.

Unfortunately, with louspeakers there are quite few reasonably priced alternatives for the low-power amplification market segment, like SETs and SEPs. One of them, is the DM 945 group of Decware offerings.

My new project is to find an alternative set of loudspeakers to alternate with my DM 945's and refresh my listening stimuli. I'm sure people in this forum have had differing experiences using some of the available products out there, like Omega, Tekton and Zu.

I'm particularly interested in learning from this forum's experiences concerning the following short list:

1. Tekton Lore Reference or Lore 2.0 (or anything within the Lore group)
2.  Omega Super 3 Monitor line (3i, 3U, Super 7)
3- Hoyt-Bedford Type 1 Monitor.

These in particular share two things: Higher tan 94 Db efficiency and a more comfortable 8 Ohm average impedance curve, which would theoretically boost my Mini-Torii's relative power.

Since I cannot audition these and my location is far from these markets, I rely on research and consulting from others' experiences.

Please feel free to be blunt and candid in sharing your relevant anecdotes. Thanks for the assistance.

David.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back