loudness
Jul 1, 2002 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Loud_TIGER

Head-Fier
hey i'm a new user here, but i've lurked for a bit. today i dug out my Discman.. havent used it for years. It's a black all metal Discman.. no model number anywhere except "D-2" stamped on the back. i cant find any information on it online. it uses 4 batteries which are contained in a slot under the cd. no ESP, no nothing. does anyone else have information on this model? seems like a classic tank looking pcdp.

well anyways i hooked up my KSC50s, grabbed 4 AAs, and hoped it still worked - it did. what amazed me the most was the loudness of this thing! on 2/10 on the volume dial it was already louder than my NetMD at 25/30! i think this is why the MD gets a super battery life. the amp on the Discman is a beast. i wish they still made them like that at the expensive of battery life.

all this does is make me want to buy a portable amp though.

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 4
Jul 1, 2002 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by fredpb
Hey, put money into some rechargable batteries first....save yourself some bucks.......

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/

yeah i have a bunch. just didn't have any charged at that time. the discman will probably be sitting on my desk with an AC adapter - it's too heavy to carry around anyway.

Jul 3, 2002 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 4
I too found an old one during a recent clean up campaign. It had a transport problem and I ended up discarding it. what amazed me most is the evolution of the product in just a few years from a real clunky piece to one that is thin and light today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back