LOUD over-ear headphones with great bass under $100
May 23, 2013 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dannybrasco

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm from India a newbie here and to the world of headphones so pardon my lack of knowledge. I'm in the market for a pair of headphones. My primary use would be for playing video games and listening to music.

So I'd use it on my (PC DELL Inspiron All In One) and sometimes on my phone Sony Xperia Ion.

The sort of headphone I am looking for is a over-ear headphone. (hope that's the right term) I am a bit of a basshead and would like to get headphones with a good punch in them. But that doesn't mean the mids and highs can be bad. The price range I'm looking at is under Rs. 5000 (Less than $100) I was thinking of getting the Sennheiser HD 439, but I'm not quite sure if it has the bass I need. So, basically, I need a really good quality headphone that is loud and has a great bass too it and is under Rs. 5K. 

I tried the Sony XB400, not loud at all, and I also tried Skull Candy, not really much to listen to. 

I'm not bothered if it has volume controls or a mic and I'm not looking into getting a headphone amp at the moment unless that is the only way.

Hope I didn't miss out on describing what I need. Thanks in advance.

May 23, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 2
Kinda a noob on this website too but in the past I've owned nearly every commonly available pair of headphones under $150 so I can make some suggestions.

I'm not certain about those specific computers but usually when I listen to my headphones through the normal jack, it ends up being quieter than normal, although I did find the XB-400 to be rather quiet, especially comparatively to the 500 and 600 and my ever loved 1000's.

My best suggestion since you want bass is to stick in the XB series for cheaper and go 500 or 700 if you can afford them, even though I found the 700 to get muddy in the low mids once I cranked them, but their overall quality held fine for its price and it offered quite a bit of bass at pretty solid volumes.

I'm not the most reliable person for this because I'm not as listened as others on this site, but that's my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back