Lots of Sibilance. Can anyone point out the problem in my setup?
Jun 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DoctaCosmos

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a Denon Ahd-2000
Schiit Asgard
Peachtree Audio Dac*it
usb
Flac and spotify premium 320kbps

Jun 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
I have a Denon Ahd-2000
Schiit Asgard
Peachtree Audio Dac*it
usb
Flac and spotify premium 320kbps

It may be unrelated but when Stereophile measured your DAC it demonstrated potentially serious clipping issues with music with frequent high peaks
http://www.stereophile.com/content/peachtree-dac149it-da-converter-measurements

I understand the Schiit has relatively high (claimed by the manufacturer at 0.1%) distortion , this does not look like a good combination for pop music

Jun 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 9
Get an HD650
tongue_smile.gif
You can also replace the DAC and amplifier if you want, there are probably better ones at lower price, but I guess the headphones and music are still the most important factors.

Jun 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #7 of 9
I thought the dac*it didn't upstream...
oh my. btw ..to the person who thought they actually ruined my day lol..sorry didn't mean it.  more of an exaggeration lol.
i did plan on getting a hd650 but i think i'm going to skip the home theater route as i know what i want will cost 10,000 and a lcd-3 will be much less.  i love music and just simply want something to remind me how much i crave the melodic goodness.  Hope that large amount is a good investment overtime as ive told myself that overtime it will be.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #8 of 9
That excessive sibilance is gone.  It was the d2000 and also the songs that i was listening too. I pulled up a graph on foobar that shows the waves and information and there was always a buildup on the graph right when i would hear the it.
The Dac*it is definitely not the problem. I love it.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #9 of 9
BTW if anyone watched the video and would like to take a stab at doing it to their a40 i have an easier way of doing it that i did not see till i had taken the headphone apart.  MUCH simpler.  Anyways, let me know i could make another quick vid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back