lost trying to find a set of phones
Apr 4, 2009 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

miggy2129

New Head-Fier
hehe, a pretty nooby question, but here it goes. i am lost trying to find myself some nice grados or sennheisers. every shop i went into, whether it was in Best Buy, CostCo or even in the apple center in New York. they do not have the headphones i like, i would prefer to buy it myself rather to buy it online as i am afraid of hackers :p. all these stores have are either the sony's which are around 65 bucks, the MonsterBeats by Dr. Dre or the Bose headphones, and when i run into some sennheiser's they are not the models i like. my preffered model for the grado is the SR325i, and my preffered sennheiser is the HD600, or the HD25-1 II, but i cannot seem to find it. pls help.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 8
Welcome to Head-Fi!!!!! sorry about, well, you know...

NEVER put noob in a post, it's an instant turn-off for most head-fiers. Anyway, J&R has what you want, so you can buy from there. They have very fair prices and pretty hefty discounts for a lot of items (like my k701s!!!).

It's a legit site, no need to worry, (J&R: Electronics, Digital Cameras, Computers, Appliances, Software, Video Games, DVDs, CDs .) They have a brick and mortar store in New York for sure, but I don't know about anywhere else.

Apr 5, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 8
wow, you must've been what, 10 seconds after me? I just clicked to subscribe, and there you were, lolol.

Apr 5, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 8
You're not really going to find any nice headphones at a big box shop. Just go to yellowpages.com and look up audio shops in your area and call them to see if they have those headphones on display. If you're planning on purchasing these headphones with a credit/debit card then you're just as likely to have your information stolen by purchasing in a store as you are online because the hackers hack the databases the information is stored on. If you want to be safe from hackers then you need to close your bank accounts and pay for everything in cash for the rest of your life while hoarding your life savings inside your mattress.

Apr 5, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 8
darn, i'm on vacation, and left new york a few days ago xD. i've heard of that, but when i asked my parents if we could go there, they told me just to buy them in LA, too bad ironic that i checked almost everywhere in manhattan except that.

Apr 5, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 8
I would be inclined to wait for the lower J&R price, but I don't know if that is only internet orders, or if that includes the physical store, too.
Have a nice vacation. I'm pissed, it's gonna snow for the next three days up here.
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back