LOST Thread Revisited (spoiler alert, of course)
Nov 21, 2005 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

gratefulshrink

Headphoneus Supremus
Didn't get around to posting my weekly LOST thread last Wednesday, so here it is.

I thought the episode was fresh and creative, with that great twist on who the infiltrator was.

So now I'm thinking that the Others were a military or paramilitary expedition (the Army knife) against the Dharma initiative, that somehow got stranded on the Island. I guess they are still looking for "a few good men" (or women, or kids)....... but why? Or maybe they went crazy?

Theories???
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 21, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 17
I really don't have any good theories; I am just addicted to this show!

However, I believe the key is that they are abducting the children:

To put them away somewhere safe so that they'll avoid whatever disaster is about to happen or happened.

The survivors are all dead except for the children.

The Others are cannibals that can only eat young brains.

The Others are time travelers that have restored the timeline by returning the children.

So I sat on a plane next to a fellow whose best friends with one of the writers, but could not tell me anything
mad.gif

Nov 21, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

So I sat on a plane next to a fellow whose best friends with one of the writers, but could not tell me anything

Seriously...?

Nov 21, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
Seriously...?

Yup. I was in Cleveland after my Chicago-Orlando-Cleveland city jumping escapade this week, was catching up on watching Lost (downloaded from iTunes) and the guy next to me on the CLE - Newark flight up front says to me "how did you get that episode so quickly?" I explained how to download it, and then he told me about his friend that finally "made it big."

Nov 21, 2005 at 5:42 AM Post #5 of 17
naw, the others are ex-employees of dharma, driven insane by the ibogane infused vegitation on the island. you'll see i'm right.

Nov 21, 2005 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
naw, the others are ex-employees of dharma, driven insane by the ibogane infused vegitation on the island. you'll see i'm right.

maybe, maybe. but what if the "weapon" in the hatch (or secret "power" on the island), is really a mind control weapon (but not herbally-based), and not a nuclear or other explosive type weapon? maybe that explains all the hallucinations and other weird paranormal phenomena that keep happening.

I still think the US military is somehow involved (aren't they always...
eek.gif
?).

Dec 8, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #8 of 17
Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros, stars of the ABC megahit "Lost," were arrested by Honolulu cops in December 2005 and charged with drunk driving. Rodriguez, 27, and Watros, 37, were nabbed minutes apart as their respective cars weaved along a highway linking Kailua and Honolulu. The actresses, both of whom failed field sobriety tests, were each charged with driving under the influence and released after posting $500 bail. Rodriguez, pictured directly below in a Honolulu Police Department mug shot, plays "Ana Lucia" on the TV series. Watros, who looks pretty toasted in her booking photo, plays "Libby" on the top-rated series.

lostgirlsmug1.jpg

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshot...girlsmug1.html

Dec 8, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye
Those mugshots are hysterical!
biggrin.gif

Too bad they won't kick Michelle Rodriguez off the show for this infraction, I can't stand every second of every scene she's in. Give her the Boot!!!

oh man, i'm so glad i'm not the only who's driven batsiht by her!

Dec 9, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #15 of 17
Nobody likes Michelle Rodriguez. Every Lost fan I've ever come across can't stand her. It's bad enough that her character is just beyond annoying, but what makes it even worse is that she's played this same person in every movie/show she's ever been in. And everyone of those characters was annoying as hell too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back