LOST Season 3 start!
Oct 6, 2006 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mb3k

1000+ Head-Fier
The confined feeling was very prominent in the season premier, as Jack, Kate, and Sawyer were imprisioned by the "Others". I wonder who was the kid in the other cage across from Sawyer, he seemed to be imprisioned by the others too...
Still so many questions to answer. It's odd that they have records to Jacks entire past.

Oct 6, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 10
I'm pretty sure that kid in the other cage was an Other, who was just used to trick Sawyer.

As usual, Sawyer was the one who gots owned constantly. It was hilarious!

I didn't find the episode that great though. Nothing new was presented that we didn't know already, and found Jack's flashbacks to be very annoying -- it seemed to dragged on and on. It was also weird how he wanted to know about his wife out of the blue, after being smacked on the top of the head and almost drowning.

Oct 6, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 10
I really liked the episode, but I am angered by the fact that this will be another season of teases, questions, and absoultely no satisfaction. I just hope it doesn't lose it's way as badly as season 2 did. That was a total loss. 3 or 4 good episodes and 18 episodes of filler. Weak.

As always, more questions posed, and no answers given. I want to grab the show by the neck and throttle the answers out of it. But even more than that, I want reassurance that the writers are actually going somewhere. I have a very strong feeling that I will watch the series finale and realise that I wasted hundreds of hours of my life with no payoff whatsoever.

Oct 6, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
I really liked the episode, but I am angered by the fact that this will be another season of teases, questions, and absoultely no satisfaction. I just hope it doesn't lose it's way as badly as season 2 did. That was a total loss. 3 or 4 good episodes and 18 episodes of filler. Weak.

As always, more questions posed, and no answers given. I want to grab the show by the neck and throttle the answers out of it. But even more than that, I want reassurance that the writers are actually going somewhere. I have a very strong feeling that I will watch the series finale and realise that I wasted hundreds of hours of my life with no payoff whatsoever.

A lot of the answers already were revealed as a prize for some contest or challenge - stuff like the significance of the numbers, who the others are, why they're doing what they're doing, etc. I believe digg.com had a post about it a while back. Had a link to clips with the Asian Hanso Foundation guy and everything.

Oct 6, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #6 of 10
I've decided the title of the show refers to me the viewer. I try to make some sense of things and they throw something completely different into the mix and I am again confused. For instance, I wouldn't expect the others to have a book club.
confused.gif

I hope it is not the only intention of the writers to keep the viewer on the edge with tantalizing tidbits that eventually go nowhere. I would like the show to somehow resolve itself over time. If the mission of the show is only to keep puzzling viewers it will not have been time well spent.

That being said, I am hooked.
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 1:31 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
The confined feeling was very prominent in the season premier, as Jack, Kate, and Sawyer were imprisioned by the "Others". I wonder who was the kid in the other cage across from Sawyer, he seemed to be imprisioned by the others too...
Still so many questions to answer. It's odd that they have records to Jacks entire past.

Thanks for starting the thread.

I think the episode was so-so, but then I never expect too much from the first episode of a season. I see it more of just trying to lay the groundwork, set the scene, etc., for the season. In that sense, we know only one fact: a community of people lived on the island, and they witnessed the plane crash. WE still know nothing of their relationship to the Dharma Initiative, nor whether they still have a connection with the outside world.

The dossier they had on Jack could have been compiled after the crash or before it -- we have no way of knowing that yet.

Oct 6, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by biged
''Lost'' is good. ''Battlestar Galactica'' is the best.

Ed

You know, before someone twisted my arm and made me watch the 2 beginning "movies" (err... whatever you call 'em) I would have made fun of a person for watching a show that has a name like "Battlestar Galactica". But... I found that I really liked the storyline, however, the acting leaves a little to be desired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back