Lost power tube amp
Aug 26, 2012 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Sahara

100+ Head-Fier
Well I have a little problem, I hope it's not serious:

It was this afternoon to go to hear some music with the Senn, a while to turn headphone amplifier, connected to the dock of Wadia and the iPad, I found an alarming lack of sound in the headphones. The loss is very important, to the point that so far for normal listening not I used to spend with the pot beyond the 10 and to listen to the same level tonight had to take the pot near the maximum level... and still far of the same SPL. Suffice it to say that no sound is not heard with the pot the half way.

I tried the Senn to a secundary system that I have for it headphone output, and it sounded OK, so the problem is not in the headphones.

I've changed the source and I have connected the computer +M2tech HIFACE, which is the method I've been using so far...and the same result; I've changed to known songs, which had already heard at other times.... and nothing . I checked the inputs and outputs of the DAC and it was perfect because with my Octave amp the sound is sharp and powerful by any of them, either from the dock as from the tablet and both outputs while by the headphone amp the problem still persisting;  I changed without result and place - the power tubes -right to left & left to right again... Sad

I have to try with other cables, although to be honest I do not think that there is a solution out there, because if the wires had a problem it should sound or not sound, but not sound less (or so I think)

Valves seem to be fine, since light up without any problems... both the driving onesr as the power and the rectifiers.

What do you think it may be?

I think that there is not a lot to choose: being a loss of power, will be the same power valves - although they illuminate - or signal transformer. You would have to do something driving or rectified valves in this matter?
For if it helps to mention that the problem is not in one channel, but by both.

Since I have no spare parts for the power, I bought immediately a pair of 6080 on Ebay... not an expensive valves, jus a couple of unexpnsive about $25 only to test whether the theme goes out there, but they will not arrive until at least 10 days.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix the issue or that it could have happened?

Thank you

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back