Lost one of my triple.fis...
Dec 21, 2009 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Thrymr

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Well, something terrible happened; Some time ago, one of my triple.fis fell of the cable and got lost due to the fact that I didn't notice it until I got home again. Looked for it everywhere I've been on that day but it never popped up again.
frown.gif

Bought some new IEMs as a replacement then but they just can't stand their ground against my beloved trips.

Does anyone know if there's a chance to buy a new, single piece from UE? Or any other idea what I maybe could do?
Money's a bit short at the moment so a new pair just isn't something possible for now. :/

Thank you very much for every piece of help, suggestion or compassion (
wink.gif
).

PS: I'm from Austria, so - unfortunately - the UE-support for US won't do any good for me.

Dec 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 7
Make (perfect DIY project) a miniature chain from the cable to the housing?
biggrin.gif
That would be awesome. Super+ goth factor as well.

A friend of mine is convinced that his Super Fi 5 cable will last forever so he super glued the cable to them... o.0''

I guess the glue idea isn't such a bad one, find the right type and apply just a little so that it won't "disconnect" even when being pulled.. A type that dissolves with a certain liquid without ruining the cable or the phone itself?

Dec 21, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 7
yes you can buy the individual monitor, certainly from a UK website but I've forgotten where right at this moment in time. Let me think and get back to you

edit: hmmmmmmmm maybe I was thinking the sf3's then:
http://www.shop4headphones.co.uk/

but have a google around, sure you will find something

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 7
I have a fear of this happening to me. It has almost happened a couple times. I was contemplating putting some heat shrink (the kind used for wiring) around the junction where the cable and monitors meet but I don't think I will because I am worried about the heat required. I wouldn't be using a heat gun (just a hairdryer) but still. I know this doesn't answer your question, sorry.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #5 of 7
Just to let you not feel so alone the same thing happened to me on a plane once when using my Super Fi 5's. I ended up finding the monitor 3 seats behind me. I was really freaking out!
I love the idea of the replaceable cable but the concept does have its drawbacks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back