Lost my vibes, what new IEMs?
Oct 10, 2008 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

vivo

New Head-Fier
lost my vibes, 3rd gen most likely. im looking for phones lower than $80anyway I realize the vibes are hated here. comfort is a priority. the vibes were very comfortable. the looks were good. I enjoyed it not being too isolating. I have a zune. listen to indie/alternative/electro rock/trance. listen to more but i'm concerned about the listening experience with this type of music. if you are in the LA are indie 103 and kcrw are stations I listen to a lot. oh and the phones that came with the zune did not fit me. coudln't get them to stay in my ear.

I have small ears. I posted a thread on if there are any stores where you can try on IEMs? wonder if anyone will respond.

anyway the first priority is comfort
2 is sound

also I do listen to the radio. I think a cord that is a little shorter than the ipod shuffle phone cord would be nice.

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 18
Sennheiser CX500

Amazon.com 70.00 USD

Bass will knock you for a loop
Highs and Mids clear and comfortable.
In-line volume.
Large assortment of Tips both single and double flange
Y-cable as opposed to the Rt > Lt asymetrical that thier CX300's and CX400"s have ( Actualy liked the asymetrical more once I got used to it because I ran my shuffle off of my shirt pcoket for quick reach)

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 18
Denon C551 (retail 99.99).

Buy.com 55.99 shipped.

Just search the forums and you'll know why I said these.

Oct 12, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 18
any other phones?
opinions on the two suggested so far?
any stores in orange, co CA or LA county or elsewhere in socal that let you try on IEM's?

also it's odd I found 2 different prices on the cs500's on amazon?

Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX 500-T In-Ear Headphone (Titanium color): Electronics - $54

Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX 500-B In-Ear Headphone (Black): Electronics

$120

hmm I wonder if I'dd be getting fakes w/ the 1st link?

anyway again the v-moda vibes were comfy
comfort is a priority
besides sound, radio reception is too.

just reread the 1st post.
Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 18
I'm thinking of replacing my vibes too, and if I were you, I'd consider the Yuin PK2. They're $79 or so (if memory serves right). Now I don't know if it suits your music well, so ask around.

Hope I helped!

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by vivo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any other phones?
opinions on the two suggested so far?
any stores in orange, co CA or LA county or elsewhere in socal that let you try on IEM's?

also it's odd I found 2 different prices on the cs500's on amazon?

Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX 500-T In-Ear Headphone (Titanium color): Electronics - $54

Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX 500-B In-Ear Headphone (Black): Electronics

$120

hmm I wonder if I'dd be getting fakes w/ the 1st link?

comfort is a priority

just reread the 1st post.
Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Not Really,
eBay has become so international and currency exchange is fast changing.

Also one person in New York may want alot more profit than say someone in Hong Kong or Macau ( See fiio e-3)

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by vivo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
comfort is a priority

Radio reception? Hehe, if you're expecting your new earphones to improve your radio reception, you're gonna be disappointed, I think..

Also, if I remember correctly, FM transmissions are quite good at sending the middle frequencies but you often lose quite a lot of the low and high frequencies which is why you should never use an FM modulator in your car if you have a decent stereo, you'll just be disappointed. So I guess my question is this: if you're listening to FM radio most of the time, are you looking for an earphone that exaggerates the bass or just one that accurately reproduces bass?

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking of replacing my vibes too, and if I were you, I'd consider the Yuin PK2. They're $79 or so (if memory serves right). Now I don't know if it suits your music well, so ask around.

Hope I helped!

OK3's are cheaper than PK2's, but are just as good.

Oct 12, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Radio reception? Hehe, if you're expecting your new earphones to improve your radio reception, you're gonna be disappointed, I think..

Also, if I remember correctly, FM transmissions are quite good at sending the middle frequencies but you often lose quite a lot of the low and high frequencies which is why you should never use an FM modulator in your car if you have a decent stereo, you'll just be disappointed. So I guess my question is this: if you're listening to FM radio most of the time, are you looking for an earphone that exaggerates the bass or just one that accurately reproduces bass?

oh I just want something better than the vibes. the vibes cord was too long. having the cord stretched out is good so walking while the zune is attached to my pocket isn't optimal for radio recption. I'd like one that accurately reproduces bass.

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #11 of 18
also any comments on the denon c751?
more expensive but I'll up my price pt to $120. I'm skeptical regarding the comfort of the denons. i'll have to get new tips perhaps.
oh and no yuin's. I'm just considering IEM's.

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #14 of 18
right nowI'm leaning towards the Denon 551 or 751. but anyone can make a case for the Head Direct. radio recption and comfort are pretty important. also which Denon is better. any other suggestions for less than $120? Thanks.

Oct 15, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #15 of 18
RE2's and PL30's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back