Lost my UE 900 and now am bummed and need help...
Jan 10, 2013 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

johntheman123

New Head-Fier
So I lost my UE 900's today and am filing an insurance claim (my electronics are insured thankfully).

I loved my headphones and want to either get the same pair or something better. I've tried the Shure 535 LTD and thought they were terrible compared to the UE's.

I love listening to soundtracks and trance music, but really don't want to be limited to anything. I love powerful bass and clarity and have been told I prefer "soundstage"

I've looked at the Westone 4R's and am wondering if there's anything else out there?

I'm willing to spend less than $600 and would love to place an order online TONIGHT if possible lol.

Thanks!

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 15
PFE232? W4 (as you stated) are both great phones. UE 900 is your safe fallback since you did enjoy them.

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 15
I've looked into the PFE's and while I'm absolutely aware more drivers doesn't necessarily mean better sound, I've yet to try a <4 driver pair of in ears that I found competitive with the UE's... I am absolutely open to them though.

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #5 of 15
I literally never buy any product that doesn't have a return policy otherwise I totally would...

Picked up some westone 4R's and so far am pretty impressed. The UE thus far sounds a little better but I remember it took about 2 hours of finding the right ear tip and breaking the UE's in before I was satisfied even with those so hopefully the same happens here.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
PFE232. Awesome universals. While I haven't heard the UE900's I have read many comparisons of the two and the 232 always came out on top.

I've done comparisons on these two myself.  The PFE are on top in a lot of ways.  The UE 900 are more accurate (EG, flat to the ear).  Signature differences make huge impacts in the decision and choice.  

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #8 of 15
Be the second person here on the forum and buy the Earsonics SM64! Incredible soundstage, great bass and pretty much overall awesome :)
One of us..one of us...one of us....

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:
Be the second person here on the forum and buy the Earsonics SM64! Incredible soundstage, great bass and pretty much overall awesome :)
One of us..one of us...one of us....

There is no us right now.  Us implies there is a group :wink:  SM64 looks interesting; wish I could get my hands on it :p  

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #11 of 15
So here's an update:

I finally got a chance to sit down with these headphones and read the manual. I wasn't putting in the 4R's properly (they needed to be deeper in my ears) and now that I've placed them in my ears properly they are.. incredible. They're absolutely better than the 535 LTD's in my opinion, and better than the UE 900's in terms of sound quality once placed in your ear properly. however, the UE's are far easier to place in your ear so that's a downside but most of all, the 4R's don't come with a cord that has a volume rocker or a microphone....

I am going to check the SM64 though. Has anyone tested those compared to the 4R's?

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #12 of 15
Also: I've read that people suggest replacing the cables that come with IEM's to improve sound quality and allow for audio controls/microphone. If this is true, which cables do you suggest for the 4R's?

Thanks!

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:
So here's an update:

I finally got a chance to sit down with these headphones and read the manual. I wasn't putting in the 4R's properly (they needed to be deeper in my ears) and now that I've placed them in my ears properly they are.. incredible. They're absolutely better than the 535 LTD's in my opinion, and better than the UE 900's in terms of sound quality once placed in your ear properly. however, the UE's are far easier to place in your ear so that's a downside but most of all, the 4R's don't come with a cord that has a volume rocker or a microphone....

I am going to check the SM64 though. Has anyone tested those compared to the 4R's?

The SM64 are practically brand new, so no one here (except one) has it.  I'm not sure if they also have the 4Rs on them too :wink:  As for your cable issue, I can only find you a single button mic.  JHAudio has a cable as well as Westone (EPIC MICS).  The single button has no volume control, but can control your music (pause, play, forward, previous, fast forward, rewind, voice control) if your device supports it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back