LOST My Sennheiser IE8's And I'm Lost Without Them. Need Recommendations And Advice.....
Aug 9, 2009 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

CRS27

Head-Fier
Boy oh boy is this horrible. I finally found the perfect IE's for me and I seem to have left them somewhere at work. It's been a week and I'll doubt they turn up.

I got this set about 6-8 months ago when there was a killer deal on them. Now I am looking and they are very pricey. I just bought a home so I have to keep costs down. I'm currently living with my UE's but they're not cutting it. The soundstage on the IE8's were AMAZING.

2 questions.....:

1. Is there a place that I can still get a good deal on the IE8's and

2. Is there another brand/model IE's I should try for less $???

Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 21
You could get them second hand. Wait a while and there should be some for a reasonable price. I got mine for $230.

The Westone 3s are fairly similar IMO but they just dont have the bass and soundstage.

Nothing replaces the IE8s
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 21
If I were in your position I'd take a look at those newfangled JVC HP-FX500s. I would be too depressed to spend $210+ getting the same thing back, and would stray towards something similar but a little different.

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #5 of 21
ahh man this is sad. IE8 has quite a unique sound signature. Perhaps you can give the FX500 or denon c710 a shot.

Aug 9, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #6 of 21
Dunno about the JVC500s but I have heard the Denons and they aren't a match for the awesomeness that is the IE8.

It's a bit of a risk too. Brand-new JVCs will cost you almost $150 dollars. A second-hand pair of IE8s will cost 230ish which is not an inconsiderable amount more but thats still 150 dollars wasted in a sense if the JVCs don't meet your minimum.

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #7 of 21
Audio Technica CKS70. The soundstage is bigger than the IE8 and the bass punch is about the same. They're not quite as detailed and smooth but they are a lot cheaper.

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #8 of 21
CRS27;5916429 said:
Boy oh boy is this horrible. I finally found the perfect IE's for me and I seem to have left them somewhere at work. It's been a week and I'll doubt they turn up.

I got this set about 6-8 months ago when there was a killer deal on them. Now I am looking and they are very pricey. I just bought a home so I have to keep costs down. I'm currently living with my UE's but they're not cutting it. The soundstage on the IE8's were AMAZING.

2 questions.....:

1. Is there a place that I can still get a good deal on the IE8's and

2. Is there another brand/model IE's I should try for less $???
CRS27;5916429 said:
Just go any where to buy a new one with any price, then you will treasure it and will never lost it just like your finger ring. some body agree with me?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #10 of 21
If I were you I'd get a new pair.

I know if I lost mine and bought a pair of something else below IE8's, I'd always think "Man, I really wish I would have spent a little more for IE8's." Just think about how much pleasure they have given you in the past 6-8 months (minus burn-in).

I love my IE8's, and I don't even leave my home without them. Sometimes I know there's very little chance I'll even listen to them, but I still take them with me.

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #12 of 21
Wow, you guys are great. Thank you for the great advice and it is all good advice at that.

You're right about the "man, I wish I had my IE8's" thought. I'd definitely buy them again but it does suck paying more for them now than I did before and for the same item. I'd consider used but would rather have new....

Someone mentioned the AT CKS70? I've never been a fan of AT but I'll look at anything close to the IE8's.

I did find them here for 290 plus 20.00 shipping and that seems reasonable. I am thinking of selling a set of Bose and my UE5's to get these again. Maybe even my Ultrasone 750's. I hate to spend the $$$ for a new pair but I'd trade these all for the IE8's in a heartbeat.

If I didn't use these EVERY day since February, i'd get a different set but these are my absolute favorite headphones I've ever owned.

Aug 10, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahh man this is sad. IE8 has quite a unique sound signature. Perhaps you can give the FX500 or denon c710 a shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dunno about the JVC500s but I have heard the Denons and they aren't a match for the awesomeness that is the IE8.

It's a bit of a risk too. Brand-new JVCs will cost you almost $150 dollars. A second-hand pair of IE8s will cost 230ish which is not an inconsiderable amount more but thats still 150 dollars wasted in a sense if the JVCs don't meet your minimum.

The C710 and IE8 do have very different sound signatures with the IE8 being warmer with a better stage, but the C710 have deeper bass, much better clarity, and more treble energy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Technica CKS70. The soundstage is bigger than the IE8 and the bass punch is about the same. They're not quite as detailed and smooth but they are a lot cheaper.

How does the sound signature of the CKS70 compare with the IE8? How about the clarity, as the C710 makes the IE8 sound veiled?

I used to think the IE8 was the absolute best non-custom IEM for me. Then I heard the C710 (and Mingo WM2 via the AMP3) and the IE8 has been sitting in my drawer. The FX500 is similar in sound signature to the C710 from what I have read.

But if you really like the IE8 that much, get another one, price be damned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back