Lost my sansa fuze, need a replacement
Feb 4, 2011 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GN85

100+ Head-Fier
Alright need some suggestions. My Fuze got stolen. Was dying anyway, the wheel didn't work anymore. Now I'm looking for a new player, but don't know whether I should just get another Fuze, or if there's a better player out there that suits my needs. What I'm looking for is a player that:

Has a capacity of at least 8GB, preferably 16, though.
Will work when left in below 0°F cold.
Small screen
Long battery life (24h?)
Tactile controls

Are there any other players that suit my needs, or should I just buy another Fuze?

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 6
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Walkman+16GB*+MP3+Player+-+Black/9443854.p?id=1218105500007&skuId=9443854 This is one of the players I have...love the Sony sound quality and battery life...can't vouch for low temp playability. This model has built in speakers that come in handy for showing video clips to a small group of folks....suprisingly decent sound too.

Feb 5, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the suggestion... which reminds me, I also want it to play flac.
redface.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #5 of 6
Fuze is a great player.  I prefer it to the Sony E/S series players (their sound is a little more digital to me, esp. if using any of the EQ settings). 

About FLAC files on the Fuze, a number of people here have a hard time hearing any difference between 320 kbps and wav on the Fuze, so you wind up using lots of room for the same sounding music.  Of course, if you are using anything less than audiophile level IEMs with your Fuze, you wouldn't probably hear the difference in file quality, either.  

If you don't want re-rip to 320, then you could look at the over-looked Sansa cousin, the View, with 16gb and get a 16gb microSDHC card.

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Fuze is a great player.  I prefer it to the Sony E/S series players (their sound is a little more digital to me, esp. if using any of the EQ settings). 

About FLAC files on the Fuze, a number of people here have a hard time hearing any difference between 320 kbps and wav on the Fuze, so you wind up using lots of room for the same sounding music.  Of course, if you are using anything less than audiophile level IEMs with your Fuze, you wouldn't probably hear the difference in file quality, either.  

If you don't want re-rip to 320, then you could look at the over-looked Sansa cousin, the View, with 16gb and get a 16gb microSDHC card.

It's not overlooked.....it's a buggy piece of crap. I only know of one person who is content with one....a member here, Danneq. The official SanDisk forums reorganized the site last year, so the View-only board was absorbed into a "legacy players" board, but the old View board was full of unhappy(many even angry) people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back