Lost in my search for the right pair of headphones !
Aug 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ilikedrumnbass

New Head-Fier
Hi! I am new to this website, I have been reading many threads with in the website but have never joined till now. 

so lets get at it !  

i listen to drum n bass and deep dub

i have been looking for a bass heavy headphone in the 2-400 $ range that i could pair with digizoid Z02.3 amp. 

[size=medium]I want to block out people I hate on public transit, and be blown away by music and forget about my dead end retail job.[/size]

[size=medium]please help  me [/size]

[size=medium]so the models i have been looking at [/size]

• [size=1.7em] Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Headphones[/size]

• [size=1.7em] audio-technica DJ Headphones ATH-PRO700MK2[/size]

• M50s 
  • [size=1.7em] Beyerdynamic Custom One[/size]

two samples to understand my want and need 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn-Y_OIXKoY

https://soundcloud.com/stholdings/kryptic-minds-namaste-ep

thanks you 

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 9
Hello!

Not sure about those you mentioned except the ATH-M50, the ATH-M50 are definitely no go I'd you have that* high budget xD

Look into:
Ultimate Ears UE6000
Sennheiser Momentum

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 9
I actually think you should consider MrSpeakers Mad Dog w/ Alpha Pads 3.2. I think they are $299 + shipping. Isolation is awesome, heavy duty, sharp looking and the quality of bass is fantastic. There have been lots of good reviews recently. They are a little heavier than some headphones but they're worth it, I think. The Alpha pads are super comfy. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 9
I actually think you should consider MrSpeakers Mad Dog w/ Alpha Pads 3.2. I think they are $299 + shipping. Isolation is awesome, heavy duty, sharp looking and the quality of bass is fantastic. There have been lots of good reviews recently. They are a little heavier than some headphones but they're worth it, I think. The Alpha pads are super comfy. 

But after all, I personally think that it requires better amp than the ZO2.3.. It's not a very strong amp but a awesome amp for basshead

Billson :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #6 of 9
I'd recommend going for Sennheiser HD 380 Pro or Beyerdynamic DT 770 as they are both closed cans (which means better bass than open ones in the same price range) and provide well defined sound quality and are also moderately priced. 
font]

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Quote:
But after all, I personally think that it requires better amp than the ZO2.3.. It's not a very strong amp but a awesome amp for basshead

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

I would recommend the AKG K550, WITH the Z02 it is going to be a MONSTER, I own the JDS C5 [which does not bass boost half as well as the 202] and it makes Deep Dub n Drum n Bass super enjoyable on my Akg K550, in addition the AKG K550 isolates just as good as the Mad Dogs do and it has a deeper tighter bass than the Mad Dog, although the Mad Dog will have slighty more bass quanity and a laid back sound, as compared to the AKG which will be a little more transparent... but trust me... It's DEEP AND HEAVY, it wobbles wonderfully with songs like

And DEEP DnB in this 

Also you can get a used Akg K550 for about $170, although I would recommend you try the Mad Dog first, they have a 7 day return and they fit EVERYONE, the Akg k550 are picky with thier fit. I was lucky enough to have them fit perfectly fiom the first day, but others have not been so lucky. So try the Mad Dog and z02 amp, if that's not enough for you, shoot for the Akg K550, in addition it is cheaper will will allow you to buy a better Music player, the player will also increase the quality of your music overall, and help keep things tighter. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back