Lost in a sea of information, noob question about headphone amps.
Jan 24, 2021 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ril3y

New Head-Fier
There is so much data on this forum. I have to admit it's a bit intimidating knowing where to really start. Lots of people in our society think that "buying the most expensive" is the best thing to do. However, I am not sure about headphone amps. I have a set of Grados and a HIFIMAN HE-4XX. However, I am just driving them off of my macbook output. I really am not sure I am getting all I can out of them?

If I had a choice I would like a bluetooth setup that I could pair with my macbook then wire the headphones into. However is that a thing that is done? Meaning, I know it's available but is it kind of like defeating the purpose of a headphone amp?

If you were just getting into this hobby would what amp would you recommend?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I appreciate the help.

Riley

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 2
There is so much data on this forum. I have to admit it's a bit intimidating knowing where to really start. Lots of people in our society think that "buying the most expensive" is the best thing to do. However, I am not sure about headphone amps. I have a set of Grados and a HIFIMAN HE-4XX. However, I am just driving them off of my macbook output. I really am not sure I am getting all I can out of them?

If I had a choice I would like a bluetooth setup that I could pair with my macbook then wire the headphones into. However is that a thing that is done? Meaning, I know it's available but is it kind of like defeating the purpose of a headphone amp?

If you were just getting into this hobby would what amp would you recommend?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I appreciate the help.

Riley
Yes. Check out the Topping DX3 Pro. It’s a good starter amp that will allow you to connect via Bluetooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back