Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some $300 IEM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 5, 2019 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ZzBOG

100+ Head-Fier
Just lost my FLC8s

I was ok with them, but not a huge fan (Triple.fis were a revelation at some point in the past, while FLC8s were just ok).

Frankly I am not sure I will buy them again given that I mostly listen to Spotify and to audiobooks. I don’t really need anything better than Triple.fis SQ-wise

I wonder if the IEM industry caught up in the last couple years to deliver sound quality good enough for Spotify/ iPhone / audiobooks at $100 price point

Seems like Massdrop EDC3 have good reviews, are equipped with 3 drivers, cost $100 and are available immediately.

Another option would be trying the wireless option (I kinda hate dongles) and getting Sennheiser True Wireless. It seems however that user (not pro media) reviews are not that glowing. People me too low volume and somewhat metallic sound. I’d hate stepping down in sound quality so much as to deal with quiet metallic sound. Or are we there already and it’s safe to get fully wireless IEM?

So:

1) get Massdrop EDC3 because $100 IEMs are good enough already to compete with 2-3 year old $300 IEMs

2) get Sennheiser True Wireless because wireless IEMs are good enough already

3) look for new IEMs in $300 range because cheaper variants will feel sub-par compared to FLC8s and wireless are still not there yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back