lost between ld2+, ldm+, headfive, original master...
Oct 30, 2006 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

arno_

New Head-Fier
hi

i'm reading these forums for a while now.
it helped me discovering quite a lot of amps... and now i'm having a hard time choosing one.

first thing first : i'm planing to buy a akg 501
it seems great for the price. when i'll be ble to afford it, i might get a dt880 too... but later.

so, i'm looking for an amp for this 501.
i read the little dot micro+ can drive it, and make good music
the little dot 2+ seems to be warm and detailed, and that could go well with the 501...
the little dot micro + could seem (by reading the reviews) less warm, but more "true"

and i'm looking for a sound very "natural" (no "boooomy" bass, or lots of hight killing my ears)

the headfive is described as giving a great great stage, and that's also a thing i'd love to find when i'm listening music throught headphones
but the headfive is also described, sometimes, as a little to warmer...

and, at least, the master from original, seem to be quite good a little for everything...

so, may i ask you a little help please ?!
eek.gif

i couldn't put more than 150/200€ in the amp, but less is great to, if the quality is there...

thanks for you help
arno

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 4
I wish I had more time with my LDII+ and my K701's to tell you what I think before the (faulty) tube blew on me.
Everyone that I speak to tells me the that Kx01's have great synergy with tubes. If you don't need portability, you may want to stick with a stationary amp. Just my opinion, though.

That's really all I can help with. Sorry. Hope that little bit helped.

Oct 30, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 4
thanks for your answer
both of you
smily_headphones1.gif

i don't need portability at all.
when i was looking at the little dot micro+, i was looking for the cheapest "good" amp... while i would get the money to afford the one i want from few months...

The G&W T2.6F
lambda.gif

it's quite expensive, but that's the one i would really want...

As i don't know when i'm going to be able to buy such an amp, i'm looking for other solutions...

other solutions aren't always cheaper... for example : headfive and dt880 ('05)

lost lost lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back