Lost and need to be found.
May 29, 2006 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

8lias

100+ Head-Fier
I had the Senn CX300 and love it's bassy sound, but I lost it today at the park while playing volleyball, assuming some "kids" pick it up by accident. I would love to buy a new pair again, however, in my town they don't carry them and online purchase is out of the question because I am leaving to Missouri on Tuesday on a road trip and in need of a replacement pair quick. However, I can pick up a pair of Shure e2c, but I am not sure how's stack up against the CX300. I have search and read this forum for over an hour and can't seem to find a reasonable answer. For those of you who've own the CX300 and have experience with the Shure e2c, please please, let me know if the Shure e2c a worthy replacement, remember, I need them by Tuesday and I am sure there are others earbuds options, but time is not on my side. Thank you so much.

May 29, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #2 of 3
Westone UM1 are good IEMs as well, in around the same price as Shure E2C.

May 29, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #3 of 3
Because time is of the essence: If you absolutely have to have canal phones, why not shell out for the Sony 51's? Everyone on these forums will scream that they're crap, but (a) they might be available in-store somewhere, as opposed to much that would be considered Head-Fi appropriate, and (b) they have a bassy sound, they're fun, and they should tide you over until you get back -- and then you'll have a back-up pair in the future. Alternatives (I don't know whether they'll be available) would be JVC or Panasonic, but the bass wouldn't be as evident.

Or, you could pick up some inexpensive Koss clip-ons, PortaPro 2's or SportaPro's (no isolation, but big sound for such little things -- and you'll have them to enjoy no matter what else you might get later ... some kind of Koss's should be available in stores in your area).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back