LOST Again (Spoiler Alert)
Jan 19, 2006 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

gratefulshrink

Headphoneus Supremus
So, pretty intense episode tonight , huh?

Even though "Zeke" implied that the Others outnumbered the survivors, I'm not so sure that's the case. I think he was just bluffing. Also, maybe about 12 survivors are prisoners of the Others anyway, and they could rebel.

I like Jack's idea about forming an army.......

Jan 19, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 41
Personally I think this show gets more and more rediculous. Do any of the survivors of the plane crash posess reasoning abilities? They meet "Zeke" for the first time and now they want to start a war with him. Why not ask the guy how her got here, what he's still doing here, and another million questions that are unanswered. Instead Jack has to go on another one of his power trips thinking he can fix everything.

As you can see, I'm quite flustered
mad.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 41
Let's see...

The "others" kidnapped a friend's kid, shot an acquaintence, killed a bunch of people from the other surviving party, kidnapped a pregnant woman, tried to hang another acquaintance, and threatened to kill a chick that Jack kind of digs...

Yeah...I guess he's kind of overreacting.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:27 AM Post #4 of 41
Yeah Thaddy, I don't know if I agree with you on this one either. It seems to me that Jack is finally growing a pair. It's about damn time. Besides, the survivors have Mr. Eko. He can whup Zeke and the others by himself.
icon10.gif

I can't wait to see the Darren Aronofsky directed episode later this season. That should be a trip.

Jan 19, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 41
Think about it though, Zeke even made this point himself. Jack and the survivors have been on the island 50 days. Besides the areas surrounding the beach, hatch, and the caves, they no pretty much nothing about the topography of the island. The Others have clearly proven that they have the upper hand when it comes to navigating the jungle.

So now Jack wants to arm these trigger happy people and go after The Others. Sounds like an uphill battle to me, but you never know. Jack performed a miracle once before, so maybe he's due for another?

edit: TenaciousO, do we really know they killed all those people from the surviving party (the tail section)? Also, besides the capture of Clair, there are good explanations for the rest of the violence. Sawyer pulled a gun on them! What do you think is gonna happen?

Jan 19, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #6 of 41
I have to agree with Thaddy on Lost getting more and more ridiculous as it goes on. I'm glad I stopped watching it early this season, it was good the 1st season but now it just goes in circles never really revealing anything useful at all. JJ Abrahams and crew have been quoted as saying they have plans for Lost to go on for 6-8 seasons, I can only imagine how terrible and utterly ridiculous of a show it will be at that point.

If you like it for its "intensity" there are much better shows on TV... see 24/The Shield/Prison Break...

Jan 19, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #7 of 41
I think that some people who deride Lost for being (or becoming) rediculous are forgetting that the show is called 'Lost'. It's not just about being lost on an island, it's about being lost in relation to purpose, others, and yourself. The bizzare things that go on are just a subtext for the lost-ness of the characters.

I mean, c'mon, the show has a freaking smoke-creature that can rip trees out of the ground. It's a mystery that can't be figured out, but is real nonetheless. Just like a lot of things in life, like 'other' people.

Just my $0.02.

BPRJam

Jan 19, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by BPRJam
I think that some people who deride Lost for being (or becoming) rediculous are forgetting that the show is called 'Lost'. It's not just about being lost on an island, it's about being lost in relation to purpose, others, and yourself. The bizzare things that go on are just a subtext for the lost-ness of the characters.

I mean, c'mon, the show has a freaking smoke-creature that can rip trees out of the ground. It's a mystery that can't be figured out, but is real nonetheless. Just like a lot of things in life, like 'other' people.

Just my $0.02.

BPRJam

I agree with a lot of you said but I know that myself and probably others who no longer watch the show remember how promising the 1st season was and how far off the cliff it's fallen since then. So there is certainly an element of disappointment there to.

Jan 19, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #9 of 41
I do like the juxtaposition that no matter how lost everyone seems now, they seem to be no more lost now than in their former lives. Which is, I guess, to make us all think that everyone is 'lost' in some respect(s) in the new millenium... or somesuch.

Still just want to see the big monster thingy, and find who was blowing the stupid horn. That, and when we'll see 'Wrong Way Feldman'...

Jan 19, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 41
and what the heck is that horribly CGI'd black smoky thing? gimme the scoop!

Jan 19, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #11 of 41
i want to know why, in TV WORLD, wives always take pregnancy tests without telling their husbands until afterward.

that, and why TV doctors always have important meetings with patients in dimly lit conference rooms instead of flourescent examining rooms.

Jan 19, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
and what the heck is that horribly CGI'd black smoky thing? gimme the scoop!

biggrin.gif
I love the show, but that "scary" smoke was ridiculous.

Jan 19, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #13 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
Let's see...

The "others" kidnapped a friend's kid, shot an acquaintence, killed a bunch of people from the other surviving party, kidnapped a pregnant woman, tried to hang another acquaintance, and threatened to kill a chick that Jack kind of digs...

Yeah...I guess he's kind of overreacting.
rolleyes.gif

I agree with Thaddy that there is no evidence that they killed the tail survivors. In fact, I think they have recruited them into their own "army" -- they selected specific passengers, and also have a thing for children. I think they are just trying to brainwash all of them.

However, the Others are violent and ruthless and deserve to be dealt with.

Walt will be the key.......

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #14 of 41
It may have already been said, but the "smoke" is seen differently by everybody - they can see their own personal demons. Much the way that everbody seems to hallucinate significant people (or animals) from their memory.

I am happy with how the show is progressing this year. Each episode seems to both answer questions, and then raise new ones as well.

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

I think that some people who deride Lost for being (or becoming) rediculous are forgetting that the show is called 'Lost'.

Maybe it's called "Lost" because the audience is supposed to be clueless as to what's going on!

Like others, I'm starting to get fed up with this show. Rather than trying to make the show more convoluted and "mysterious", they need to focus on resolving and explaining what went on before and not just forget about things as if they never happened (e.g. where did the guy who was down in the hatch go and how did he get there in the first place?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back