Lossless music website?
Jun 12, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 10
Yeah, sometimes I get that itch at 2 am too. So I head on over to Amazon or Yourmusic.com and order the CD.
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 10
Yourmusic.com is great for back catalog stuff -- $5.99 per CD, no shipping charges. Very cool.

I also am a MusicGiants user. They offer Windows Media Lossless downloads. Which is cool. And their selection is pretty good. The tracks are $1.29, so at that price, for me, I use it only for the one-hit wonder type stuff, since the full CD at yourmusic.com is $5.99...

Also, the files have DRM, so you have to burn them to a CD to import them into iTunes if you are an iTunes user, or to some other kind of program if you use a portable that isn't compatime with WMA lossless (and not many are). But at least when you make that CD it's lossless
orphsmile.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TempleOfEar
allofmp3 sounds too good to be true and somehow, it is... half of the files i downloaded from them have distortion on one place or another.

Half the albums on that site are transcoded from 384 kbps mp3 files. I haven't used them in a long time, but I think the lossless sourced albums are indicated as "online exclusive" or something like that.

Jun 14, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #10 of 10
Ya, I paid for Coltrane's "A Love Supreme" and it was like 328 kbs mp3, not even 384 or whatever you said and I was very confused. Never used their service since. Even though I pre-paid 10 bucks which is how their thing works. Whatever. The first website I thought of when you asked about lossless was archive.org but that is all live performances (as far as I know).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back