Lossless audio help?
Jan 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #38 of 46
Quote:
I can't justify buying anything else because I've heard the best sound ever from from senn 380s and my e11 amp, and if I can't hear a difference with that from 320 to lossless, maybe I'm just not critical enough :/

If you are perfectly happy with those headphones then that is great, I think they are nice headphones myself. I use a Fiio E17 connected to my computer and a pair of ATH A900X headphones, it is a 400-450 dollar set up for me and I'm perfectly happy with the sound. I'm simply not willing to spend a lot more on my set up because the sound quality increase, for me, doesn't follow an equal line with the cost. As someone already mentioned, the sound quality increase you get after a certain amount of investment is "minimal".

There is no doubt in my mind that an HD800 hooked up with a 1000 dollar amp/dac sounds better then 380's hooked up to an e11. The decision comes down to whether or not YOU think the extra cost associated with that set up will improve the sound quality enough to justify what it costs over your current set up. For some people even a small amount of almost unnoticeable increase in sound quality is worth thousands of dollars.

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #39 of 46
And that's what it comes down to. I've already spent 500+ on headphones/ amps, and I don't see the need for any extra :/. Your setup sounds nice though:) do you have a soundcard? I never really understood them

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #40 of 46
Quote:
And that's what it comes down to. I've already spent 500+ on headphones/ amps, and I don't see the need for any extra :/. Your setup sounds nice though:) do you have a soundcard? I never really understood them

I just have on board sound with my computer, which is why I bought the Fiio e17 amp/dac combo. It allows the digital signal produced by the computer to bypass the sound card and go directly to the e17, making it basically a USB connected external sound card. 

Sound cards have advantages when it comes to movies and gaming, they usually have tech for producing surround sound and positional audio, and some good cards will come with built in amp's and dacs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back