Losing parts on the Sleek SA6?
Sep 30, 2008 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hear_the_sound

Head-Fier
Hello, I am considering buying these based on all the good reviews here, but the cnet review really worries me.
"The modular design of the Sleek Audio SA6 means there are a lot of little parts to lose."

Will the headphones fall apart over time if I just leave them in my backpack (in the case of course)?? Are the separate components really loose, will i have to tighten the parts often?

How hard is it to modify the sound physically on the earphone?

Owners....do you constantly worry about the earphone falling apart/losing pieces? would i feel safe listening to these around school?

Thanks...yeah I just want to make sure before I buy. Thanks

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 8
The parts wont seperate easily. Everything on mine in terms of bass ports and treble tubes is still firm in their place.

They are tiny though and delicate in terms of sitting loose in the backpack and would likely break over time. You just need to keep them in a case and not a pocket.

It takes no time at all to change the sound. Just try different combinations of tips and ports until you have what you like. I leave the rest at home and therefore I definately wont loose anything. The case will store some of the parts though.

I dont really like the case it came with though, I use a Sure hard shell case that came with my SE530's.

Sep 30, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 8
That cnet review is utter bull**** and is one of the worst reviews I have ever read, so please ignore it. You could lose the bass/treble parts if you leave them lying around, just like how you could lose screws and nuts. That's it. They don't fall apart anytime.

Sep 30, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 8
You won't loose anything if you store earphones in case when not in use.

Treble ports are very tightly secured and a key comes with the package to remove it.

Bass ports are easy to change but that doesn't mean they need to be tightened every now and then. They won't come off unless somebody does it intentionally.

If you treat it right there is no fear to loose anything.

And for whatever reason you do loose anything , it can be ordered.

I personally like the cable replacing option. I have had 3 earphones with bad cables . The cables snapped or over time just gave up leaving my perfectly working earphones useless.

Sep 30, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #5 of 8
To the TC, rest assured as the SA6s feel very sturdy, and I certainly never had the feeling that parts were even loose, let alone about to fall off.

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 8
The treble ports are extremely tight, it's tough even when you intentionally want to remove it.

The bass ports are rubberish and without intention it will be difficult for it to fall off.

The wires are fitted tightly so no worries.

Sep 30, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #7 of 8
I agree with the above opinions.

I don't see any risk of the SA6 falling apart, especially any of the ports dropping off during usage, everything is pretty snug. I think the reviewer was probably referring to losing tips and ports which you don't store properly in a box, because they are easily roll off your desk and get lost on the floor etc.

I''m very happy with the build quality of the SA6. I also don't find the storage case very practical, even though the design is a certainly nice idea. It requires a bit of fiddling to get everything tucked in. A small sealed plastic box or the metal UE case would probably be easier to use.

Oct 1, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hear_the_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, I am considering buying these based on all the good reviews here, but the cnet review really worries me.
"The modular design of the Sleek Audio SA6 means there are a lot of little parts to lose."

I read this comment on Cnet's review If I recall right, It shows if anything that the reviewer did not get the SA6. You see once you found your finger print you wont change those part all that much. Losing those part become a non issue after the first couple of week of testing as you wont be carrying them all that much anyway..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back