Los Angeles, California meets?
Feb 12, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 15
Again, the los angeles area would be nice. But so far it seems like three newbies (i am only assuming so I apologize in advance if i am wrong) :) HBOC? Awesome place. I have the ATH-M50 but only because i heard them from my friend. I play guitar and love the flatness to mess with. (a little off topic here: NEED MORE EFFECTS PEDALS!) so these studio headphones seemed like the best for my price range. I DO really see signs of 'Burn in' :xf_eek: What i want to know is more about good audio setups and how to care for a headphone. Things like how loud is too loud for the drivers and so on but in person. Doing things like research DID lead me to results but i overall did not figure out how to tell if i did anything bad to the drivers. Things like "would the imperfection be obvious?" and "what can i do about it?".

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #5 of 15
I live in south OC, but im constantly up near fullerton for school. Its hard to find other head-fi members for meets (so) far; guess we are just busy.
I'll i can offer up is ATH-M50le with beyer velour pads, Mr.Speaker's Mad Dogs w/ the new Alpha pads, Magni/Modi stack, and a few budget IEMs from the discovery thread.

Feb 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #6 of 15
I run a photo education program and might be able to host a LA meetup in one of our education buildings. Each classroom is wired with dozens of outlets and we have desks and folding tables. Can host 60-100 people. Parking would be an issue but the Grove is just down the street and people could pay for parking there or at LACMA.

I have some good stuff for people to listen to including 3 different computer desktop audio systems. We sell photo gear and some computer audio as well as headphones for video production so if there's an interst I will put this together as a demo event combined with a meetup. It's a bit of a stretch but what store wouldn't want some potential new customers hanging around. We can also discuss cameras since I know a lot of Head-fiers are also shutter bugs.

Let me know if anyone is interested and ill start putting it together.

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
I run a photo education program and might be able to host a LA meetup in one of our education buildings. Each classroom is wired with dozens of outlets and we have desks and folding tables. Can host 60-100 people. Parking would be an issue but the Grove is just down the street and people could pay for parking there or at LACMA.

I have some good stuff for people to listen to including 3 different computer desktop audio systems. We sell photo gear and some computer audio as well as headphones for video production so if there's an interst I will put this together as a demo event combined with a meetup. It's a bit of a stretch but what store wouldn't want some potential new customers hanging around. We can also discuss cameras since I know a lot of Head-fiers are also shutter bugs.

Let me know if anyone is interested and ill start putting it together.

I'm actually gonna be around LACMA this friday to get my metro bus pass, haha =D. I'm not that into photography, but my dad is and I believe he was looking for 5d mark 2 or 7d mark 2... forgot which. Also think he's been wanting some studio gear but waiting for good deals to come around.

If I like what I hear, would I be able to buy on-site using paypal and just take the gear home?

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #8 of 15
The main Samy's Camera store is a few doors North on Fairfax where they have almost anything photo related in stock. I don't sell anything out of the classrooms. If people are interested it would take several weeks to fit this into my schedule so it wouldn't be something I can put together on short notice. This weekend wouldn't e possible.

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #9 of 15
Hey, I am always down for a meet near LA. You should check this thread out, might have big news soon. http://www.head-fi.org/t/623982/interest-thread-la-meet-2014-2-day-meet-june-21-22-2014-international-headphone-extravaganza-first-annual/135

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #10 of 15
I'm in OC, but I'd be happy to drive to LA

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #11 of 15
Gotta bump this thread....

Come on SoCal let's get a mini-meetup going soon.
I just got money back from my tax return that I need to spend on Head-Fi toys.
gs1000.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #12 of 15
Man I keep on checking this thread as well hoping to see a meet. I would love to meet. 
I got D2k, hm-602, dt 770 pro and he-400 and a couple of amps. Want to try so much more.
Also got jvc fx700 and wooduo 2 iems on the way.

I really want to try the zo2 personal subwoofer amp and other bass heavy stuff.

Cheers
Aiden

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:
Man I keep on checking this thread as well hoping to see a meet. I would love to meet. 
I got D2k, hm-602, dt 770 pro and he-400 and a couple of amps. Want to try so much more.
Also got jvc fx700 and wooduo 2 iems on the way.

I really want to try the zo2 personal subwoofer amp and other bass heavy stuff.

Cheers
Aiden

It's happening. In July.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/655660/ic-los-angeles-regional-meet-july-2013

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #14 of 15
I'm also in orange county. Would definitely love to hear other headphones instead of just basing my purchases off written reviews. I could bring my ATH-AD900x, ATH-A900x, Westone W2, and Re-0. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back