Loose optical and USB ports on my Maverick D1
Dec 30, 2010 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Greg121986

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought a used Maverick D1 on Ebay. I am having issues with lots of audible static and occasional loss of one channel in my headphones. I have attributed this to what I believe is a loose fitting optical input as well as a loosely fitting USB input. I have yet to try the SPDIF because I do not have an SPDIF cable.

Is this something that can be fixed? Should I return the item to the Ebay seller and say it was faulty? I have tried one USB cable and two quality optical cables and have had this problem.

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 2
Sorry to hear about your bad luck on this....

My guess is that if you were into DIY (troubleshooting/soldering etc) you would have had the case open already. Most of us can't resist stuff like this......
So probably best to try for a refund. If it looks like it will cost you a bunch (lost shipping charges?), you can explore fixing it or selling it 'as is' to a diy guy. Solder joints where jacks attach to the PCB are often a problem, especially if the jack wasn't properly attached to the back plane of the chassis. Could be an easy fix, or not......

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back