Looks like Zcable's got some new stuff...
Feb 26, 2004 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Vertigo-1

Señor Sony
Well, I've been hoping and praying ever since landing the Zcable V5s into my system permanently for the next big thing from them. And well, it's finally here...but it's waaaaaaaaaaay outta my league.
eek.gif
The top of the line interconnect is now the Live Ref1 interconnect...but it runs for $2500 for a one meter pair.
frown.gif
Top of the line power cord now is the Hurricane...$1600 for a 6 footer. Ugg.

No affiliation with Zcables by the way...just a happy user of their interconnect. Really wish I could hear those Ref1s, but not when it costs as much as my whole system pratically.

Feb 26, 2004 at 1:28 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
Well, I've been hoping and praying ever since landing the Zcable V5s into my system permanently for the next big thing from them. And well, it's finally here...but it's waaaaaaaaaaay outta my league.
eek.gif
The top of the line interconnect is now the Live Ref1 interconnect...but it runs for $2500 for a one meter pair.
frown.gif
Top of the line power cord now is the Hurricane...$1600 for a 6 footer. Ugg.

No affiliation with Zcables by the way...just a happy user of their interconnect. Really wish I could hear those Ref1s, but not when it costs as much as my whole system pratically.

Yes Vert but,
You can own a "piece of the action" by getting Z Sleeve accessory that comes with these cables. I have been thinking of trying two of the basic Z Sleeves on my speaker cables, I am a little hesitant to put those on ICs since extra weight would be pulling on cables.

Feb 26, 2004 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
Really wish I could hear those Ref1s, but not when it costs as much as my whole system pratically.

C'mon live a little and buy yourself a $2.5K interconnect
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #5 of 7
If you are concerned with the weight of the ZSLEEVE, I believe the instructions indicate to use some string to hold up the weight.

I have several in my system and have been very pleased with the results.

Feb 27, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Yes Vert but,
You can own a "piece of the action" by getting Z Sleeve accessory that comes with these cables. I have been thinking of trying two of the basic Z Sleeves on my speaker cables, I am a little hesitant to put those on ICs since extra weight would be pulling on cables.

I actually had these in my system...in fact I was literally the first person to ever try these. They didn't make a particularly huge audible difference to me one way or another.

Feb 27, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #7 of 7
Wow, wonder why ZCable decided to set such a high price? Prestige for their statement products, maybe? Not that it really matters, it's way more than I'd be willing to spend on cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back