Looks Bad, Feels Good : K701 Comfort
Apr 21, 2008 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

upstateguy

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, after a week of marathon listening to nothing but my new K701s, I've developed a slight case of "701 Head." You 701 guys know what that is. It's that little sensitive spot on the top of your head, that only the 701s touch.....

At first I was able to reduce the pressure with this fix

standard.jpg

But after a while, I started to become aware of the single spot where the headband contacts the head, so I decided to temporarily attach a small memory foam pad on either side of the offending pressure point with some dental floss. They are so soft that when I put the cans on they flatten out, lifting the pressure point just past the point of being able to feel it....

So there you go.... Looks Bad, Feels Good...

standard.jpg

USG

d-_-b

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebikingengineer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice. As long as it works I see no reason to worry about looks. For more info on the subject, I refer you to any mention of jecklin floats...ever.

Lol, I've seen them....
biggrin.gif

USG

d-_-b

Apr 22, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 12
There's an easier way. Depending on the architecture of your head, you can tilt the phone forward or back

I suppose if you have the headphones on your head, there's no need to worry about appearance - especially if they sound nice. (Of course, the thrill of seeing them in red may or may not take the pain away.

Headphones)

Apr 22, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's an easier way. Depending on the architecture of your head, you can tilt the phone forward or back

I suppose if you have the headphones on your head, there's no need to worry about appearance - especially if they sound nice. (Of course, the thrill of seeing them in red may or may not take the pain away.

Headphones)

Judging from the way the ear pads are constructed, thicker in the back and thinner in the front, I don't think you have a lot of latitude for movement... and besides, all you'll end up with is a slightly longer sensitive spot....
biggrin.gif

USG

d-_-b

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, after a week of marathon listening to nothing but my new K701s, I've developed a slight case of "701 Head." You 701 guys know what that is. It's that little sensitive spot on the top of your head, that only the 701s touch.....

At first I was able to reduce the pressure with this fix

standard.jpg

But after a while, I started to become aware of the single spot where the headband contacts the head, so I decided to temporarily attach a small memory foam pad on either side of the offending pressure point with some dental floss. They are so soft that when I put the cans on they flatten out, lifting the pressure point just past the point of being able to feel it....

So there you go.... Looks Bad, Feels Good...

standard.jpg

USG

d-_-b

Excellent! That is precisely the solution I was looking for, since I am having the same issue! Now, where do I get some pieces of memory foam?
(I wonder if a single srtip of foam lining the entire band would work even better?)

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #9 of 12
I hope somebody from AKG is monitoring this, and figures out a better design for their headphones........

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #11 of 12
Maybe it was just me, but the pain from the bumps in the strap went away in a month or so - the strap softened and/or my head hardened.

Of course, a k601 without the bumps has no pain right out of the box, so oh well
smily_headphones1.gif

Is 8 months old a dead thread, or just a sick one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back