Looking to Upgrade
Oct 6, 2009 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

matz2

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

First time poster looking for some advice. I am by no means an audiophile, but I am an avid music collector/lover. I thought I had my search narrowed down until I stumbled across some suggestions by the board members. I am looking to upgrade my Etymotic ER-6i. I was debating between the Klipsch S4, Shure SE210 and the Westone 1, but was wondering if this was truly an upgrade. Upon doing more research on this board, I am now wondering if I should shell out some more cash and step it up (still looking to keep it under $200). My question is two-fold:

1. Will I tell a noticeably difference between the ER-6i and the S4/SE210s/Westone 1?

2. If not, any suggestions on the best bang for the buck under $200?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Oct 6, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 4
"Upgrade" is a relative term. What exactly do you feel is missing from the Er6i? The S4 will be a major upgrade is bass quantity, the SE210 will be a major downgrade in treble quantity, etc. So yes, you will notice a difference.

If I had to recommend an all-around upgrade for someone who enjoys the ER6i I'd say RE0 or ER-4P. They just offer so much more of everything.

Oct 6, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the response. Overall, I am satisfied with the ER-6i but would say that I am a bit disappointed with the lows. Having said that, I am not looking for something artificial as I don't want to sacrifice the overall quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back