Looking to upgrade to orthos
Jun 1, 2015 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SpoolinEclipse

100+ Head-Fier
Hey HeadFi

It's been a while since i've posted here.  I am looking to upgrade to a set of HiFiMans, Preferably, HE-400 or HE-500.  I'm looking for a particular headphone  that is going to get me as close to listening to the album by Nirvana, MTV Unplugged in New York, as it would sounding live.  I want to hear Kurt's chilling vocals and all the instruments in total immersion.  Since I was not able to go to said performance, I would like to re live it in headphones as closely as possible. I will also be listening to mostly rock, metal, alternative etc.  Something with good mids that are not recessed where the vocals just sound so life like.

Thanks for your help.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #2 of 5
I've never heard the HE-400, but the HE-500 is one of the best headphones I've ever heard and my favourite.
The timbre is killer, mids and vocals are so 'present' (depending on the recording quality) it can sometimes be scary. 

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 5
@SpoolinEclipse
The HE400i is also worth hearing. (I used to own it.) I'd say people's preferences between it and the HE-500 are about even.

@GREQ
I see you used the type of icons I shared in this thread in your signature.
biggrin.gif
(I tagged you in the thread too.)

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 5

@GREQ
I see you used the type of icons I shared in this thread in your signature.
biggrin.gif
(I tagged you in the thread too.)

:) 
couldn't help it. By coincidence I discovered a website full of these a couple of days before your thread started, but it didn't occur to me to use them this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back