Looking to upgrade my IEM's
Apr 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gbakeriv

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Just wanna first thank everyone on here; this is one of my main sources of professional audio opinion and you guys really helped me out in the past when I was purchasing my over-ears. Right now, I've got a set of denon ah-d5k's and an objective amp/dac to match; I love the warmth of sound in both. For my mobile set up, I've just got an e07k and monster turbine pro gold's (purchased for the incredible warranty)

I'm starting to think about what I'd like as my next set of IEM's, and what I'm really looking for something that retains the warmth and kick that the golds have but really expands on the soundstage. From the searching I've been doing around this site, I've seen the ie8's come up quite a bit. Is there anything else that would be recommended? My budget would be something under $500. My music tastes jump around from jazz, to bassy/future garage kinda tunes (I hate genres these days), to drum and bass, to rock, and also to hip/hop.

Again, thanks so much everyone,
Hal

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 2
If you like it warm, then try looking for a used pair of Westone W4R for around $250, then save the rest for a balanced cable or other upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back