Looking to upgrade my Gaming Audio Solution to Astro Mixamp & Sennheiser, your thoughts?
Jul 7, 2011 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Hellhog

New Head-Fier
Currently I've been using a cheap headset for my PC (Cyber Acoustics AC-401) which I recently broke the mic jack tripping over the cable and slamming my laptop into the ground :/ and Turtle Beach X4's for the last 3 years for my Xbox 360. I'm getting sick of the small static I get when I plug in the chat cable (not to mention I've had to replace it twice) and the fact that for some reason, the left ear driver has trouble handling the deep lows (instead of sound I get rattling). I still want my simulated surround sound and also want a simple audio solution that I can use for both my PC and Xbox 360. I've been looking around and think I've come to a conclusion and just want other's opinions on it.

I used to own a pair of the Sennheiser HD 555's and absolutely loved them (the only audiophile level headphones I've ever owned). Unfortunately I had to return them within a month because I honestly had no use for them on any of my devices and I no longer needed them for my intended use.

What I've been looking for is an audiophile grade headset, specifically Sennheisers. I'm thinking of getting Sennheiser PC 350's but am on the edge with going for the PC 360's instead. The only thing is I don't really want an open cup design because I don't want to be disturbed by ambient sounds or disturb others (noice canceling is prefered basically). The higher price tag of the PC 360's puts me off too but I like the design better on them (such as the overall look and mute/volume adjusting locations).

For the Dolby Digital Processing (Simulated Surround Sound) and the ability to use the headset on my Xbox 360, I'm looking at getting the Astro Mixamp which from the reviews I've read/watched seem to be fairly impressive.

I was wondering what anyone's opinions/recomendations are on this? I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but if dropping $300 will keep me set on both PC and Xbox 360 for 5+ years (not to mention the ability to listen to my WMA Lossless audio on high fidelity headphones) then I can make the drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back