Looking to upgrade from integrated PC audio
Jan 20, 2022 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

caborvan

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for an upgrade over integrated computer audio, I'm hearing a lot of electrical interference when playing games. I currently use Porta Pros, and my computer is a desktop, but there's no room for add in cards. Would prefer to not spend much. What should I get?

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #4 of 9
Don't know exactly how much will you spend. On a budget I reccomend is FiiO E10K around $70. If you go for a litte extra you can go to a Schiit Fulla 2 or FiiO K3 around $110.
Reviews are all over.

If it is still expensive for you. Then go to portable DACs. Like Ibasso DC05 or similar.

Jan 21, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 9
One thing to keep in mind, if you have any intention of streaming or using a mic for voice coms... Make sure the unit you get also has a microphone port.

Shiit makes a few units made for gaming with inputs, or you could look at the myriad offerings in the pro audio space for audio recording and mixing as many of those are a rather good value.

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 9
On creative labs site they have a refurbished section and the Sound blaster G6 is $99 with free shipping, no tax last time I got one, and 3 month warranty. Nice if you have no slots free and won't break the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back