Looking to upgrade from HifiMan RE-400
Nov 2, 2014 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Nimbu

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys, this is my first post - however i have been using this site for a couple of years now.

I'm into electronic music and mainly listen to house, techno, trance, progressive etc. (not into the EDM sound which is popular at the moment) and am looking to upgrade from my current IEMs to something new.

previously owned:

Sennheiser CX300 - Too much bass, detail was pretty lacking.

Brainwavz M2 - Loved these headphones! nice warm bass and great detail (not sure why i got rid of them! think i got a bit caught up in the whole 'i want more' attitude).

HifiMan RE-400 - I currently own these phones and i love the midrange, comfort and clarity. However - the bass and soundstage is lacking and they can sound a bit boring with the music i listen to (not ideal for dance music). I've also realised that the neutral sound is perhaps not for me.

So i'm now looking to upgrade to something which combines what i love about the Brainwavz and the RE-400. I've been looking and the VSONIC GR07 looks like a logical upgrade. 

Can anyone suggest some IEMs which offer good clarity with an exciting sound? and something which is suitable for electronic music?

Any help is much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back