Looking to upgrade from DT 1990 Pro - Focal Clear vs LCD-X. (Demoing them tomorrow) a few pre-listen / research questions:
Sep 17, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #31 of 34
What made you pick the LCD-X over the Clear ? I am just curious. I own both of these headphones, and I think that they are both excellent pieces of gear. It is tough to pick a winner between these two.**
** I totally agree. There is no outright winner…I prefer LCD-X on some recordings, Clear OG on other recordings. I enjoy both without EQ 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #33 of 34
For metal alone I'd probably pick Clear MG as they are just faster with greater transients and harder slamming bass, but LCD-X has that wow factor with multilayered sound and more grand soundstage that helps with details retrieval. Also their smooth syrupy sound is just addictive.
Congrats on your choice.

Sep 18, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #34 of 34
For metal alone I'd probably pick Clear MG as they are just faster with greater transients and harder slamming bass, but LCD-X has that wow factor with multilayered sound and more grand soundstage that helps with details retrieval. Also their smooth syrupy sound is just addictive.
Congrats on your choice.
Thank you - they're both so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back