Looking to try a different sound signature after Tangzu Wan'er
Dec 13, 2023 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bohemianrhapsody69420

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I'm quite new to this audiophile stuff. I've recently upgraded from the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 to the Tangzu Wan'er. I've found them to be quite nice, and a big upgrade. However, I have one small issue with them - the high pitched sounds in music seem to be a bit migraine-inducing. The highs feel too high pitched, and as if they are muddying up the rest of the audio. Apologies if I'm not describing this too well.

I have read some reviews on the Kiwi Ears Cadenza, and they seem appealing. What IEMs would you recommend to overcome my issue (in the ~50 EUR price range)?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 3
Before buying more earphones, here are a few things you could try a few things.
- Using an equaliser to bring the treble down to find out how much less treble you need and in which specific part of the frequency range,
- Inserting the in-ears deeper might help (assuming you can put them in deeper) - here's a guide that works with most earphones, as long as the stem isn't too thick:
- Different ear tips change sound somewhat - Tangzu makes a few different types, and other manufacturers as well. I found Ostry OS300 more effective than other ear tips in this regard.
- Check that you have a good seal - Wan'er should be somewhat bassy in-ears. Larger or/and different ear tips could help here.

Without identifying which part of the treble range annoys you, you could end up buying loads of in-ears and not find the right one.

Hope this helps a little.

Dec 13, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 3
Before buying more earphones, here are a few things you could try a few things.
- Using an equaliser to bring the treble down to find out how much less treble you need and in which specific part of the frequency range,
- Inserting the in-ears deeper might help (assuming you can put them in deeper) - here's a guide that works with most earphones, as long as the stem isn't too thick:
- Different ear tips change sound somewhat - Tangzu makes a few different types, and other manufacturers as well. I found Ostry OS300 more effective than other ear tips in this regard.
- Check that you have a good seal - Wan'er should be somewhat bassy in-ears. Larger or/and different ear tips could help here.

Without identifying which part of the treble range annoys you, you could end up buying loads of in-ears and not find the right one.

Hope this helps a little.

Thanks a lot for all these tips - I really appreciate it. Toning down the 2.4KHz frequency on Spotify did help quite. a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back