Looking to step it up (audio wise)
Jan 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wessy

New Head-Fier
Alright so ive been gaming for a while now. Ive always used ****ty headsets and im currently using the creative fatality gaming headset ( or something along those lines ).

Im looking to get some better audio so i can do some better sound positioning ingame (CS:GO/COD).

Currently im using an onboard 7.1 sound card. Im planning on buying AD700's and im wondering if i need a new soundcard to go along with it. I wanna use dolby for better in game positioning in as mentioned before CSGO/COD.

Im willing to spend about 50$ tops on a sound card and the asus xonar series seem interesting. Note that im supposed to mount these on an Intel P67 motherboard.

So im asking for some advice, which sound card would be best in combination with AD700's?

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #4 of 6
You don't need another soundcard what you need is an external amp/dac (DAC is basically an external soundcard). Best is prob. the fiio E10 which is a bit above your budget but you can't get any cheaper without hugely compromising on sound quality.

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
You don't need another soundcard what you need is an external amp/dac (DAC is basically an external soundcard). Best is prob. the fiio E10 which is a bit above your budget but you can't get any cheaper without hugely compromising on sound quality.

Would this make me able to get virtual 5.1/7.1 with stereo headphones?

I assume so since my onboard already has it, but what is the advantage of an AMP/DAC over a better soundcard?

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 6
I don't get it, you think that a soundcard can make your headphone sound like an 5.1/7.1???
Because it doesn't it just makes it sound better, some xi-fi **** soundcards have indeed some 3d positioning software but that's just crap.
The advantage with an amp/dac is that you have an amp which drives your headphone instead of just an internal dac (soundcard) which basically is an analog/digital converter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back