Looking to replace the VSonic GR07
Apr 14, 2016 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ma_t14

Head-Fier
Hi,

After 2.5 happy years it seems that my GR07 is about to pass away with random loss of sound in both drivers when slightly moving. Probably a cable problem. I have been out of the loop for the past few years so after searching for known good value headphones that I knew from the time like the Brainwavz B2, Fishcher Audio DB-02 etc I unfortunately found out that those were not produced any longer.

My budget is around $180 max and I am looking for IEMs that will give me a good value for money. I have delved before in both BA and Dynamic drivers and I don't really mind either. 

So what's the current consensous on some current good value iems on the market?

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #2 of 17
Hi,

After 2.5 happy years it seems that my GR07 is about to pass away with random loss of sound in both drivers when slightly moving. Probably a cable problem. I have been out of the loop for the past few years so after searching for known good value headphones that I knew from the time like the Brainwavz B2, Fishcher Audio DB-02 etc I unfortunately found out that those were not produced any longer.

My budget is around $180 max and I am looking for IEMs that will give me a good value for money. I have delved before in both BA and Dynamic drivers and I don't really mind either. 

So what's the current consensous[COLOR=660099] [/COLOR]on some current good value iems on the market?

Hybrid IEMs are the real deal when it comes to value these days. Not sure around your budget, but you can always look around to decide.

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #7 of 17
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look around. Also considering the Westone 10. Is it worth it? My only gripe is that it looks to be a bit bass shy :/ I used to own the UM3x which I absolutely loved, so I am familiar with the Westone sound signature.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #8 of 17
Tk12 (95usd)
-triple hybrid, 2ba+1dd, extremely good value for its price. One of the best sub 100 iems I must say

I went with the TK12 in the end so thank you for bringing it up. And the price seemed insanely good (95usd new from aliexpress) so I don't think I'll have many regrets if it doesn't work out in the end. Also noticed that a new version TK13 has come out this year but since I didn't find any impressions anywhere I decided against taking unnecessary risks. Also from the pictures the back seems to have openings and that could potentially cause sound leak which is not ideal.

May 11, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:
  Will do, although from experience it can take up to a month to get stuff from China so it will be a while..

Any updates? I just found myself in exactly your position... Rapidly dying GR07BEs and looking at the TK12s as potential replacements, when I stumbled across your thread. Direct comparison "reviews" are always the most useful I find.

May 17, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #12 of 17
Actually just received these babies today. It was a long wait but totally worth it! The TK12 is a very noticeable upgrade to the GR07 in every single way. More "lively" sound, more detailed and I even dare say better bass quality (they are quite bassy amount-wise as well). Just bear in mind that the housing is a bit longish, which I personally don't mind honestly, but I'd recommend only wearing these with the cable over the ear.

If you are looking for an upgrade to the GR07BE (which is the same model I had as well) I totally recommend these. Especially for that price their are an exceptionally good value.

May 17, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #13 of 17
Forgot to mention, build quality seems great as well with all metallic housings. Only drawback in my book is that the connector is not L-shaped but oh well, that's probably something you already know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back