Looking to replace Sony MDR-Q23LP clip-on headphones
Jun 10, 2014 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

amloessb

New Head-Fier
Hi, all.  I'm new here, and looking for some advice on buying a pair of replacement headphones.

I've been using the Sony "psyc" MDR-Q23LP clip-on headphones ever since I found them on the shelf at Target one day, and I absolutely love them.  I've replaced them at least 4 times due to various circumstances, but it has finally come the point where I can no longer find them anywhere online for a reasonable price.  I really don't know where to start in order to find something to replace them, so I decided I might as well ask here.

I primarily use them with an old 30 GB iPod 5th-gen (no amp), but I use them for pretty much everything else as well (e.g., gaming, Skype).

These are the things I like about these headphones, in order of importance:

1. They clip on behind the ear.  I have really sensitive earlobes, and wearing any headphones with a band across the top of the head is very painful.  The rotating, spring-loaded clip on these is perfect for me.

2. They sound decent.  The audio from them is more "articulate," I guess, than other headphones I've used (which probably isn't saying much).  They don't seem to emphasize any range over any other, but most of all, the treble is clear without being tinny.  Being clip-ons, the isolation leaves something to be desired, but I can live with that.

3. They are cheap (<$50).  I use these headphones everywhere and all the time.  It's difficult to justify to myself spending too much on something that I know I will have to replace, likely sooner rather than later.

4. They have a long cord.  5' 1" to be exact.  That means I can clip my iPod to my belt and wear pretty much anything without having to worry if the cord will reach.

If anyone could recommend a set of headphones with similar properties, I would be forever grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back