Looking to replace my TV's very old speakers
Jul 31, 2014 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

villur

New Head-Fier
The title is probably pretty vague because I know very little about TV speakers(been a headphone guy for most of my life) and since we've been watching more and more TV shows and movies together with the family we feel we're in need of better speakers. We currently have some very old self-built ones, 2.0 configuration powered by a Pioneer A-204R amp. Picture of the amp here : http://www.hifidatabase.com/static/gallery/0/1860-a204r2.jpg

Our budget is 300€ +- 100€. 300€ is roughly 400$ so around 500$ is max I guess

We're not sure whether to get 5.1 or 2.0, but I think 5.1 is pretty tricky to find and setup a suitable one unless you know what you're doing + they tend to be really expensive.
So I would prefer 2.0 since its hard to go wrong with it, I believe, but please feel free to prove me wrong or suggest something even better? How are soundbars?

For movies and some shows we usually just use our laptop, and we use HDMI or sometimes when we have to use an older one we're forced with DVI + 3.5mm audio jack so that might play some role.

I live in Estonia, which is a small country in Europe so forgive my spelling and other mistakes and I'm not very interested in buying the speakers from the US so i hope there are some well known/popular speaker sets that we have here too, which is why I need some suggestions :D

After reading what I just wrote, it seems like its pretty specific and needy, but im really just looking for some suggestions about TV speakers/home theater around the 300-400€ mark.

Also I just registered to post this, not even sure if its the right place, seemed the most appropriate sub-forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back