Looking to replace my Lypertek Pureplay Z3 2.0
Nov 15, 2023 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TooNice

500+ Head-Fier
The Lypertek Z3 were my first TWS IEM, and one of the ear piece died just before two years were up. I am 90% sure it's the batteries - is it fairly typical for TWS batteries to die after two years of heavy use?

What I like about the Lypertek Z3:

1. I rather like the sound. Typically, I prefer more neutral sound, and the Z3 were a bit more U-shaped than I typically prefer, but not so much that I did not enjoy them. That said, I did get to try the Apple Airpods Pro 2G, and they did sound better.

2. They were comfortable to my ears. Once again, not as much as the Airpods Pro I tried, as I found the Z3 go deeper into my ears, but I could nevertheless wear them for hours at a time.

3. The IPX7 rating is probably a big reason I bought them in the first place. While I have never submerged nor plan to submerge my IEMs, I do spend walk in snow and rain not so infrequently, so high water resistance is always welcome. IPX4 is the bare minimum I would consider.

4. I didn't have any lag issues when playing YT videos or gaming on my mobile.

What I would like to see improved in the replacement:

1. The Lypertek software really isn't very good. It doesn't detect the IEM easily, and frankly speaking, I only used it once at the beginning to try out the EQ / LDX audio, and again recently just to troubleshoot the earpiece that no longer works.

2. A transparency mode that actually work. I do want to be able to hear my surrounding, and the way I do that at the moment is to simply only wear one side when I am walking outside. Having a transparency mode that works decently would be great.

3. Less important than the transparency mode to me, I wouldn't welcome an ANC feature (I'd say this is optional)

4. Multipoint connectivity. I use two phones (an iPhone and a Pixel) and it would be great if I could easily switch between the two.

Price wise, I'd like to keep it under the $100.

Having read a bunch of review, the Soundcore Liberty 4 NC and Space A40 are currently very attractive. They seem like very rounded package. My biggest concern though is the sound. It seems like Soundcore IEM are tuned for people who proclaim to enjoy bass. I feel like Not that I am adverse to bass, but I think that I tend to like my sound a bit more neutral than many. On the other hand, most reviews seem to suggest that the Soundcore has probably the best companion software around, and with lots of sound profile to choose from, and I am wondering if perhaps via EQing or one of those profiles, I might be able to find a sound that I might like.

For easy reference of head/earphones that I have tried and like:

- Airpods Pro 2G
- Lypertek Z3
- Tanchjim Zero
- Koss KSC-75 / Portapro
- AKG K701

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back