Looking to replace lost Sansa ClipZip - need cheap player with crossfeed/speak emulation
Jan 10, 2016 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DJDestroid

New Head-Fier
I recently lost this player and princes on eBay have gone ridiculous and scalpy. The headphone jack on my Moto E is pretty dodgy so listening to music on that has not been a fun experience.

The main thing I need is some sort of crossfeed, surround emulation etc. as my ears are very sensitive and can't take hard-panning. I don't know why this isn't a standard feature for more players.

Is there anything I can look at? I want it to be fairly cheap, 50 or under. Otherwise I can just get another Clip. But if there's something newer for the same price as they're going for now with better battery or build qualtiy I might go for that.

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 5
I doubt you will find anything else  besides a Clip+ or Clip Zip for around $50 that has a crossfeed circuit. Most players don't even have it. There are probably a few portable hedphone amps that have it, however a player plus a separate amp will be much more than $50.

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 5
  I don't understand why it's treated as such a rare feature...

I do. Most of the general public doesn't know about it, so they don't ask for it. Those of us who ask for it are a very small minority.
There is an app called Can Opener(great name!) for the iphone that provides crossfeed. There is the Neutron Music player app for Android which has crossfeed.
How about getting a cheap no contract Android phone and not activate it? Just use it as a music player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back