Looking to Purchase From Staples.com
Jan 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jakebnhm

New Head-Fier
I have received a $150 Staples gift card for Christmas from my employer, and am looking to spend it on a new pair of headphones.   They have a huge selection of headphones, but i don't  see many of the highly recommended headphones from these forums (ie M50).   Would anyone be willing to make a few recommendations based on what is available on the Staples.com website?

Also, I know i will be hated for mentioning this, but i was initially leaning toward the Bose, only because of my lack of knowledge, and their reputation for comfort. 

I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, but mostly Hard rock and Hip Hop.   I will also be wearing these at work for up to 8 hours a day, so comfort is a large plus.   

Any input is greatly appreciated.  

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 9
The problem with staples is that the prices are... always near MSRP for anything above $100. Can you ask them to price-match Amazon?

I would recommend you pay a bit extra and get the Sony MA900's. Only about $10 more expensive than on Amazon, and it's really liked among some head-fi'ers (I haven't had them so I can't personally recommend them). Apparently they're one of the most comfortable headphones around too.

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 9
I'm honestly not too worried about the price comparison, since it was a free gift card to me anyway.  I'm only trying to get the best thing i can with the gift card.   I'm not finding the Sony MA900 that you mentioned on there though.    

I wouldn't mind throwing in some extra money too, if the headphones are worth it.  

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #7 of 9
  I'm honestly not too worried about the price comparison, since it was a free gift card to me anyway.  I'm only trying to get the best thing i can with the gift card.   I'm not finding the Sony MA900 that you mentioned on there though.    

I wouldn't mind throwing in some extra money too, if the headphones are worth it.  

Oh, didn't realize they were out of stock.

Hm...

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #8 of 9
TIL Staples is an awful place to shop for headphones.

I think your best bet is the Bose AE2 or the JBL J88. Really, nothing else there is worth it, maybe with the exception of the JVC HARX900.

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #9 of 9
Okay.  My original thought was the ae2i, or the ae2w(if i decide to throw in the extra money).  I just wanted to check and see if anyone here thought there was a better option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back