Looking to pair subwoofer with SWAN M200MKIII
Feb 10, 2015 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tokendog

100+ Head-Fier
I am primarily wanting to make sure that this will work before I purchase, but I am looking to add a subwoofer for a 2.1 setup with my Swan M200MKIII speakers. I was originally looking at the SVS PB-1000 but then saw that for less than $100 more I can upgrade to the LV12R.

From my understanding the PB-1000 will work fine with the M200MKIIIs, but have not been able to determine if the same is true for the LV12R. It appears that the LV12Rs do have the required dual RCA inputs on the back, but I just wanted to see if anyone would be able to confirm and explain if anything else would be necessary for this to work prior to me purchasing and learning the hard way that it won't work.

I have emailed their support but have not received a response yet (it hasn't been that long).

Anyone able to help me out? Thanks in advance!

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 3
The problem I see is a lack of a variable-out on the Swans. This means that you'll have to control the output of the sub manually. This being said, you could pick-up a Schiit passive preamp and use it to attenuate both the speakers and the sub simultaneously, assuming your DAC has RCA-outs. Good luck.

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 3
I see. I'm assuming it would be the same on the PB-1000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back