Looking to make transition to CIEM from headphones. help!
Jul 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 10
You may want to audition some Shure SE535 and some Westone 4-R IEMs prior to going custom.  If the fit is right and you like the sound you will end up with more drivers for the money which really helps with the crossover frequencies.

I have heard the JH 5 and it was just meh with some serious crossover issues in the low midrange.  I tested this while listening to Maroon 5.

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 10
i have currently the shure se535 from a friend, and ive tried all sorts of tips. the foams are okay, the way u keep squishing it then it expand, but it get annoying. the one problem withthe shures are, it feels like its falling out of my gear, even though i seriously lodge it in there. and idunno how to work the cable wrapping around the ear, but i bend the crap out of it, and it still doesnt comform even with the steel.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
i recently just talked to a forum member here who is willing to depart his heir 4.a for 390. do you think its worth it? 70 for reshell and 50 for impression?

I mean The 4.Ai universal IEM. It is actually $400 brand new. 

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #8 of 10
Seems the most important question is still yet to be asked. What are you looking for in the earphones? Similar sound signature to the Q701? More bass? Just a vague idea so that these guys can give you some specific advice. Is custom a necessity? Or is it only so you can get best isolation possible? 

Regards
nk77

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
i have currently the shure se535 from a friend, and ive tried all sorts of tips. the foams are okay, the way u keep squishing it then it expand, but it get annoying. the one problem withthe shures are, it feels like its falling out of my gear, even though i seriously lodge it in there. and idunno how to work the cable wrapping around the ear, but i bend the crap out of it, and it still doesnt comform even with the steel.

Have you tried any of the comply tips for the 535s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back