Looking to get my first pair of CIEMs
May 22, 2016 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nsolarz

New Head-Fier
Budget - < $1000

Source - phone or computer, no amp or DAC setup (yet)

Requirements for Isolation - A lot, I like full isolation

Will you be using these Headphones in Public? Yes

Preferred tonal balance - Overall balanced. I listen to all sorts of genres, but lately it has been more alternative/indie rock/folk

Past headphones - I have 2 pairs of ATH-M50's (one s one x) that I love, but I'd like something more compact for travel. I had a pair of Sleek Audio SA1's a while back, but I think the fit of customs would result in more comfort

Preferred Music - I listen to all sorts of genres, but lately it has been more alternative/indie rock/folk What would you like to improve on from your set-up - detail and portability

Right now I'm leaning towards the Noble Audio Savanna S  (I believe these are essentially the sam as the 4s, is that correct) as it sounds like the silicone offers more comfort and isolation.  I was also looking at the 64 Audio A5s as well, but idk how the ADEL system does with isolation. This would be my first pair of CIEMs, so I'm pretty excited. Also, any recommendations for an audiologist in the boston area for impressions?

May 22, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 3
Does your budget include the impressions? I would suggest looking into the UE Reference Remastered; $999 and they should be perfect for all genres including indie rock & folk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back