Looking to get a new pair of headphones, what should I get?
Apr 28, 2015 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cangle

100+ Head-Fier
I’m looking to upgrade my current setup by purchasing some new headphones with a maximum budget of around $2000. Currently I’m using a Schiit Bifrost Uber and a Schiit Lyr (version 1) with the Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs v3.2. I purchased the Schiit amp and DAC with the hopes of using them for a while and not needing to upgrade either of them as I moved to a better pair of headphones.

I’m looking at the following headphones to upgrade to:
HE-560, Alpha Prime, Ether, HD 800, LCD-X, and LCD-3.

I don’t really want to wait for the end of June release date of the Ether so I don’t think that that will be a good option for me. Also, I don’t really want to spend the extra cash to get a suitable amp for the HD 800 so that’s probably also not a good headphone to choose.

So that leaves me with the HE-560, Alpha Prime, LCD-X, and LCD-3 as possible options. I’m tempted to go with one of the Audeze cans since it would be nice to just get an end game sort of headphone and not have to upgrade for a long time. Also, I’m leaning towards an open headphone as I do not own one of those at the moment. I’m willing to purchase an amp with my new headphone purchase but I really do not want to exceed my budget.

I’d really appreciate any opinions and advice on which headphone to go with from people who own one of the ones that I’m considering. As for my musical tastes I mainly listen to Jazz, Rock, Classical, and EDM.

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 4
Exactly^

And sorry looks like I've posted this in the wrong forum so I'll be moving this thread to the help and recommendations forum:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/764533/looking-to-get-a-new-pair-of-headphones-what-should-i-get

May 9, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 4
Get the HE-560 and a good amp.
Sent from Nokia 929

Users who are viewing this thread

Back