Looking to buy headphones
Aug 6, 2014 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nixxi

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy/upgrade my headset Turtle Beach X12 they're okay but i want something better. Apart from the X12s, i have never used a headset. It was all cheap-o headphones. At first i was considering Logitech G230/G430/G930 or Plantronics but i decided to go for a better pair of headphones and a cheap-ish mic since i barely talk online. I originally didn't want to spend more than $100 but seeing how good the 558s are i can stretch my original budget but i'd like to not go over that. I will mostly use them for gaming (45% of the time), music (50% of the time) and very rarely movies (5% of the time). For both gaming and music i play/listen to just about everything. I almost forgot to mention i'm not an audiophile but you can probably tell.

After giving this guide a read as well as some other threads on this website, I'm leaning towards Creative Aurvana Live!Skullcandy SLYRAudio-Technica ATH-M50 and Sennheiser HD 558.

Which of these four will most likely meet my needs? I'm having a hard time choosing. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 8
First, do you need any isolation, and do you prefer pin pointing enemies or want immersiveness?
What music do you listen to?

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 8
This would be my first pair of open ended headphones, so i really don't know. I'll only be using them inside my house and my house isn't all that loud apart from my AC in the summer but it' not a huge problem (Once i start playing or listening, i can't hear people sneak up on me.) I would prefer immersiveness as i rarely play games at a competitive level apart from Team Fortress 2. As i said in my original post i listen to a little bit of everything but mostly Alternative, Indie Rock, Hip Hop/Rap, Metal and Pop.

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 8
Well, not too familiar with the choices in your price range. I'll throw in the takstar pro 80 (aka. hyperx cloud if you want mic). They seem to get good reviews etc.

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 8
Sure, just know that they aren't too bassy. Remember to look up the mod that makes em equal to 598 sound-wise.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #8 of 8
Sure, just know that they aren't too bassy. Remember to look up the mod that makes em equal to 598 sound-wise.

Yeah i know, i'm not much of a bass head anyways. I already knew about the 598 mod from most of the 558 threads but i think i'll stay away from doing that, i don't want to break anything before i even get to use them. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back