Looking to Buy Earphones @ $250/£180/€200 (Flexible)
May 29, 2017 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

NinjaMilez

New Head-Fier
My £90 Sony earphones broke a couple of weeks ago and would like to move up a tier or so for my next pair so I figured doubling my budget should probably do that.

My only requirement really is that they are somewhat neutral and don't lack bass (to clarify, I'm not looking for a pair that has a lot of bass, just something that doesn't lack bass)

If what I'm looking for doesn't really exist in this price range, or there is something that I should definitely look into at a higher price point, then I am willing to increase my budget. We're talking maybe another $80/£60/€70.

Will be powering these from an iPod, though I do have access to a portable amp if extra juice is required.

Thanks,
Miles.

Edit: To clarify, I'm looking for in-ears.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #5 of 9
My £90 Sony earphones broke a couple of weeks ago and would like to move up a tier or so for my next pair so I figured doubling my budget should probably do that.

My only requirement really is that they are somewhat neutral and don't lack bass (to clarify, I'm not looking for a pair that has a lot of bass, just something that doesn't lack bass)

If what I'm looking for doesn't really exist in this price range, or there is something that I should definitely look into at a higher price point, then I am willing to increase my budget. We're talking maybe another $80/£60/€70.

Will be powering these from an iPod, though I do have access to a portable amp if extra juice is required.

Thanks,
Miles.

Edit: To clarify, I'm looking for in-ears.

You should look into the JVC FX IEMs series they've got pretty good bass with a slightly warm natural sound signature to them (I heard they have some differences among the sound signature for the different models in the FX series for the balance of neutral, warm and bass, with the woodies especially having a slightly warm natural sound) I've been searching for information about the woodie models such as the FX750, FX850 on the threads here and the FX850 has quite the fan base here with there sound signature and sound stage, also the build quality on the FX850 is great, it even comes with a foam lined carry case with the earphones themselves having a detachable cord (useful if you need a cord that has cell phone mic or seeing as how your old pair broke you can replace broke cords without having to buy a new full price earphone)

some of the prices range for some of these models, though quite a few meet your price range requirements.
Here's some information I did by quickly searching for what's available on amazon:

-JVC HA-FX650 128.12-132.98$ USD (New) (Woodie)

-JVC HA-FX750 186.80$ USD (New) (Woodie)

-JVC HA-FX850 226.00-240.00$ USD (New) (Woodie)

-JVC HA-FW03 229.88$ USD (New) (Woodie) (Don't know to much information about these ones)

I found a cheaper model and a similar priced to the FX wooden series one, both of which are non-wood on amazon while searching for prices

-JVC HA-FXT200LTD 98.32 - 108.00$ USD (New) (Non-wood)

JVC HA-FXZ200 165.46$ USD (New) (Non-wood)

Also here are some that go above your price range, just so you know (I don't to much on these models, both for the cheaper and similar priced non-wooden ones and these ones as well though it might be worth the effort to search around for information on them)

JVC HA-FX1100 317.13$ USD (New) (Woodie)

JVC HA-FW01 416.40-425.88 USD (New) (Woodie)

JVC HA-FW02 295.56-314.88$ USD (New) (Woodie)

Thought this might be helpful to you as I'm quite interested in some of these models for IEMs myself

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 9
Maybe the Dunu Titans/Fiio Ex1 would be something that work for you?
I have the Dunu Titans, and they have a decent bass presence, and they might lean a bit warm, but not so much that I can't enjoy 99% of my music.

May 30, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #8 of 9
Here are a couple to look in to:

Oriveti Basic
Mee Audio Pinnacle P1

Or even look at getting a pair of Snugs custom tips, paired with the SoundMAGIC E10 (not hugely over your budget at £209).

May 30, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 9
1More Triple Drivers hard to beat at the price. Decent bass and slightly warm with good soundstage and detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back