Looking to buy DAC, need advice
Mar 3, 2004 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yammy1688

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, I'm looking at getting either a Bel Canto DAC 2 or ack! dack!, or any others you all might suggest? My current rig:

Rega Jupiter & IO (separate boxes)
Klotz digital cable (came with jupiter)
Corda Prehead
HD600 + Cardass cable
Luminous Audio IC's

Firstly, I'm wondering how much of a difference I could expect using these DACs compared to the IO? I have never seen the IO reviewed by itself, so it's hard to compare it to other DACs. Plus with these new glass optical cables that's all the rave I'm getting antsy, as I know I'm due for a digital cable upgrade. When I can buy a $29 that's supposedly as good as a $300 copper, I've allowed myself some lieniency with pricing
smily_headphones1.gif

Any help/ suggestions is greatly appreciated!!!

Mar 3, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #4 of 5
I tried searching for comparisons between the Bel Canto DAC2 and MSB Goldlink III w/PS, but couldn't find much. Anyone have experience with these two? Theres a Goldlink III going for 900 right now on audiogon.

Mar 3, 2004 at 7:28 AM Post #5 of 5
Trust me, I've run the same searches and asked the same questions as you. For the time being, Jude is the only one who may really know. But then again, Jude doesn't post a lot about audio stuff as he's been busy lately. He doesn't answer PM's or emails either because he literally gets hundreds everyday.

If you do happen to find a review of both please let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back